Analyze Question

Started by Hexxaex, August 01, 2005, 07:19:09 PM

That appears to be made from a short length of bone.
You have an idea how that is made, but you're not sure.

I got that message after analyzing something.  Is it a bug or does it mean something?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Bug it.  It happens occassionally if you have an item that can be made into multiple items, but you only have the skill for a few of them.  It shouldn't happen.  It doesn't always happen.  If you can recreate it email the mud@.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I thought it was just the opposite, Marc...

You see a "finished" product, that can be made out of more than one combination of raw materials. Your crafting skill is high enough to make that item out of one set of materials, but not high enough for the other set of materials. So - you'd get the answer to the first set, and get the "You're not sure" about the second set.

Not exactly a bug, but more of an awkward echo to show that this can, in fact, be made more than one way (and that you just only have enough skill to make it the first way so far).

Anyone official wanna clarify?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the first coded echo there. I have no idea what that means. :wink:

I analyze the finished product, and it gives me that message, but when I take the item (a short length of bone in this example) and look at the crafting possibilities, the item I analyzed is not one of them.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"That appears to be made from a short length of bone.
You have an idea how that is made, but you're not sure.

I got that message after analyzing something.  Is it a bug or does it mean something?

No, it is not a bug.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I'm guessing, but perhaps you have enough skill to tell what it was made from, yet not enough to actually make it.