Spam filters may be filtering my good email

Started by Nineveh, January 09, 2003, 10:59:42 PM

Is there any way to make sure I didn't miss any replies from email I send to the mud account? I have seriously big spam issues to my emailboxes... to the point where if I remove my spam filter I get like 200+ spams a day (and no I don't use AOL).

The problem is, I think my spam filters may be filtering email from the individual immortals who might be answering my emails if they don't send from an account like the mud account. Sanvean, I get all of your emails, but I know I filtered out one of Tlaloc's replies.. the only way I even know he replied was because of your paste on it.

Is there any way to make sure I didn't miss any emails without having to pester any immortals all the time? Is it possible to see if all the emails might be forwarded through the mud account to me?

I'd take off my spam filters but... I can't wade through 200+ pieces of crap to get to an email I want.

:cry:
se K.Y. jelly to grease up your chihauha and set him loose in the sewers to establish a beachhead for your underground empire.

I was having this problem, so I just set up an alternate account on Yahoo for use with Armageddon.  Their Spamfilter won't block Armageddon addresses, or anything else that hasn't been submitted and approved to them as spam, but will block tons of actual spam.  It works for me, and I don't have to worry about my wife wondering why, exactly, someone is emailing me to ask if my female human is sleeping with an elvish magicker.

Another alternative, is some mailboxes allow you to customize spam filters... set one up for the immortal names, and have them delivered to a box named 'Armageddon' or something of the like, as opposed to just trash.  Then you get them all nicely sorted, too :).
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

This may just be stupid advice, or not possible in some rare cases, but sometimes the best thing is to is just get a new email address. Its a hastle, but if you're very careful about who gets the new address, your life can end up a whole lot easier. I tend to change my address every year or so, and almost -never- give it to a commercial source (even registering products or on seemingly clean websites) and I get zero spam. Yes, zero, every email I get is from a known and relevent source. While I'm thinking of it, kudos to the Arm staff for keeping email addresses of players unsold and undistrubuted in any way.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!