Allanak has the Atrium, What does Tuluk have?

Started by Anonymous, June 28, 2005, 01:27:53 PM

Everybody knows that Allanak has the Atrium to teach people how to be aides, and proper etiquette.

However, so few seem to realize that Tuluk has something similar: the Driamusek Circle, and all the other bards of the Circle that Driamusek has trained.  It is supposed to be a tradition to send aides to the Circle to be trained in proper etiquette, yet so few do it.  I'd like this to be a reminder to all those who are playing characters in Tuluk that have aides that this is a good thing to do, especially if you are hiring an aide who has never worked as an aide before.

As far as I know.. Driamusek Circle is not a school of etiquette for the masses, though they do specialize in it.

They do train the nobility's children in diplomacy, etiquette, and other social matters, but they are in no way set up like the Atrium.

That isn't to say that its a bad idea to solicit Draimusek to train an aide, but I am not aware of any documentation that states it as fact that it is what they do, or how costly such training would be.

So, no, it's not a fact.. But it is a cool idea and something to be looked into.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

Erm, I don't see why Tuluk should have one 'just because Allanak has one'.  As far as I know, wasn't the Atrium started by PC plans getting carried out?  Or a certain clan setting it up?

In my opinion, Tuluk shouldn't mirror Allanak and get one just so that either place has the option.  I think if they want one...someone should take the effort to start it, same as in Allanak.

All just my opinion, of course.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I think it'd be neat if Tuluki nobles hired Driamusek bards to school their aides in etiquette.

Addendum:

I don't mean in the same way that the Atrium trains aides, though.  More like hiring a private tutor to teach your kid a week's worth of piano lessons or something.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"I think it'd be neat if Tuluki nobles hired Driamusek bards to school their aides in etiquette.

Addendum:

I don't mean in the same way that the Atrium trains aides, though.  More like hiring a private tutor to teach your kid a week's worth of piano lessons or something.

Tuluk Nobles often have bards school aides....
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

Tulukis are savages and the mere concept of manners is foreign, even to their noble aides.

Quote from: "Armaddict"As far as I know, wasn't the Atrium started by PC plans getting carried out?  Or a certain clan setting it up?

Yes, the Atrium was player started and is still mainly run by the players in the clan.

Though I'm not certain that has any relevance on this debate.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

The Driamusek Circle are Tuluk's masters of etiquette, diplomacy, and other social matters, so if an aide needs to be trained in such, that is where they would be sent.  The point of this thread, which some people seem to have missed, is that this is an available option that so few people seem to take advantage of.  I personally would like to see more of Tuluk's upper class doing something like this.

Again, that is not correct A.K. Again. Driamusek Circle trains Noble children. Not aides and house servants.

I do think it's something to be explored, perhaps by PC's in that circle even. But it is not their current business and people should not be expecting their house aides to be trained there.

I am locking this as I think it's a closed issue.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.