Do you support this idea?

Yes
12 (23.1%)
No
40 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: March 25, 2005, 05:59:51 PM

New thing:

A desert TRACKING skill: This skill allows char to move properly in storms. All classes other than Rangers has to practice it very very long compared to Rangers. Rangers' level in this skill is nearly perfect in this skill.

Warriors, Rangers, D-elves (class is not important, they are -desert- elves) have this skill. Maybe be some others, but they should have very very low skill increase rate.

Let's say Rangers have nearly perfect level
D-elves has low level, but high increase rate
Warriors has both low starting level and low increase rate.

Secondly:

We can add subguild constraints. For example, warrior has to have "hunter" subguild. Otherwise, no tracking skill, or much more low level and rate. MAybe some other subguilds have this skill for warriors.

D-elves, all subguilds and classes have this skill.

Rangers, of course they have for all subguilds.

What do you think?
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

Haha, at this point the polls read 90% for no.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Quote from: "Spud"Haha, at this point the polls read 90% for no.

True, but it's good to note that Cavus is searching for new ways to make the game better. Granted, his idea is not liked overall by the playerbase so far, though I would go so far as to encourage him to continue shelling out those ideas.  :wink:

No.  Just...no.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I would like a skill called n00b tracking...and I'd like to not have to practice it at all.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

My opinion?  Just play a freaking ranger or adapt your playing styles if this upsets you that bad.
Back from a long retirement

I think it would be cool if Rangers got certain weather messages that others didn't get.  Or when they were outside got echoes of when a sandstorm might be approaching, something like that would actually make them useful outside, Because this!

You suddenly feel that a storm might be coming from the north.

The rugged, bronzed half-elf licks his finger and lifts it to the wind.

The rugged, bronzed half-elf says in common
"A storm's a brewin' I say we get out of here now.."

The haughty warrior says in common
"Bah, nonsense let's do more hunting."

10 minutes later.

A sandstorm triggers suddenly over the dunes, pouring it's stinging sands over the land.

The haughty warrior says, hunching down on a dune and holding his cloak over his head "Uhh, got a tent?"

Hehe.  I think that would be neat.

-RM
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"My opinion?  Just play a freaking ranger or adapt your playing styles if this upsets you that bad.

Seconded.

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"...it's good to note that Cavus is searching for new ways to make the game better....I would go so far as to encourage him to continue shelling out those ideas.

Also seconded.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I also support RunningMountian's idea.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Only the ranger class should ever benefit from anything like this.

Theres way too many warriors out there in the wilderness spam-whacking every mob they come across. It's a good thing that without a ranger they're likely to fall down a hole. This makes characters need each other's skills, and so interact more often.

If Hollywood has taught me anything, every crack team of US marines takes a Native American with them.

Oh yeah, and Running Mountain's Idea sounds awesome. But that signature still looks rather suspicious.

I'm not really into it, but if I was I'd say that Whirans and Rukkians should also get it too, due to their familiarity with the wind and the ground respectively.  The wind and the ground both know where everything is, the wind passes everything, and everything sits on the ground.  There are plenty of places without water, light and shadow come and go, but every place is constantly touched by the air and the earth.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Ya RunningMountain's idea was good.  If rangers are the only ones that can navigate through storms, then they really should see them coming.  Let's be serious.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Are you seriously suggesting a 'walk' skill?
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"Are you seriously suggesting a 'walk' skill?

A "navigate" skill. You have to practice it to be able to walk successfully in blinding storms. In the end, why can a ranger walk successfully while it is stormy? Because, they live their life mostly in desert, so they are skilled at desert. Ok, then what about others who stayed in the desert long  enough? They should also be able to improve themselves on handling blinding storms.

They will have this skill, and they have to practice it -very long- time by going to desert, and also walking in storm.
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

As an "on" or "off" kind of switch, I don't think this fits.  However, as with most things, there is a continuum or range of ability -- some are more successful than others at certain activities.

In other words, I don't think it's such a stretch to contemplate Fred having a 20% better chance than Dwayne at keeping his bearings at any given turn (i.e., traveling one room), while Stridor has nearly 100% because, well, he was raised as an Apache princess.

The trouble is in the work of coding, re-arranging calculations, etc. etc., for something which is arguably of minimal benefit (since getting turned around even once along the way can still mean getting pretty damn lost), versus one of the things I like about the storm-disorientation code, which is to encourage people to find suitable desert guides.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

this walk thingy is usless to me....... i remeber almost every room in the game where sandstorms happen so i guess i got it perfect already  8)

Then you've memorised the whole map, killa.. In nearly all outdoorrooms of the map a sandstorm may occur, I believe.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]