skining problem

Started by hey hey hey, January 30, 2005, 05:52:43 PM

Hi everybody!(hi DR nick!)
Uh, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem....
A three day ranger that hunted and skinned LOTS of animals took a day (24 hour) break from skinning and hunting. When he was 5 days, he began hunting again, and he destroyed(hacked to bits) every animal for a while, he was worse than when he started. Is this normal, to get crappier at your skill if you stop using it for a little bit? Plz help, should I email MUD?

Its probably just bad luck.

It's just bad luck. It happens. I remember I once had a ranger/weaponscrafter that never succesfully made a weapon, even after at least fifty tries. I wished up to the Imms, and they assured me that I was just unlucky, and that my skill wasn't bugged or anything. So I shrugged it off, continued about my business, and the next time I tried make a weapon, I succeeded, and I felt like a doofus for wishing up about it.
So, yeah, you're probably just having a string of bad luck. Just roleplay it out like your character got a little rusty during his time away from the carving knife.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

This doesn't have to do with skinning, but I guess it applies.  I've made a character before that must have started out with zero riding skill (or I don't know something was stuck).  For four hours I tried to get the Kank to move.  He didn't move a single zone.  I had to wish up to the Imm.   Actually, a friend of mine hand the same problem.  I don't know, they might have fixed that bug by now.  However, that's the only skill related problem I've ever encountered.
   One of my characters was a 16 day old bynner who took a half year's leave (real-time), and when I came back he was just a wicked :)  Let me think he's wicked, please.  (lol)  To answer your question, I'm possitive, or at least nearly possitive, that skills do not decrees over time.

-Aldiel
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Everybody has their bad days.  There will be some where your skills will consistently work without fail.  Others, all they will seem to do is fail.  It's luck of the draw.  Now if you do nothing BUT fail for RL days upon days after having a lot of successes in the past, then you should consider emailing the mud and asking them to take a look at your character.  Give it at least a week before emailing, though.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".