A question of writing.

Started by Anonymous, January 26, 2005, 09:24:07 PM

When I "~" to stop writing, and then I start again, does it start where I ended?

It depends on what you're writing on.

If you are writing on an In-game rumor board, then when you begin writing again, it starts another 'rumor', or post on the board.

If you are writing on something that has multiple pages on it, like a book, or a scroll, then when you begin writing again, it starts writing on the next blank page. Unfortunately, I don't think the code currently supports writing on the same page, twice.

So the short answer is: no, it doesn't start where you ended, but starts a whole new *whatever*. Hope that answers your question!

And remember: When writing, all the editor functions work great, so feel free to make use of .i, .s, .f, etc. etc. etc.
Tlaloc
Legend

When you use "~" you not only stop writing, you completely exit the writing editor/client.  To start writing again, you have to re-initiate whatever command you use to write on that particular item -- when you do that, you start a whole new section (depending on what the item is, like Tlaloc was saying).

Off the top of my head I can't think of any instance in which you can start writing again -precisely- where you left off.  For players, it's always a new post or page or scribble.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]