Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

Interesting...

I did not see the pictures on winterless' posts.  Then I hit quote to see if there is anything I don't see, and I saw the links and tried them.  After trying the links, I checked the posts again and there they were.

Weird or what?
some of my posts are serious stuff

February 17, 2008, 11:45:17 PM #77 Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:56:46 PM by Fnord
At last, a decent Zalanthan dwarf
Amor Fati

>look w
[Far]
A pillar of stone rises into the sky.

The Red Desert

Man... I need to find this female pc and raid her for her armor.

Found my old D&D 2E Dark Sun PDFs. Here's some scans from the beastiary.

Kank

Skeet

Gortok

Rantarri

Scrab

Silt horror nomming silt flyers

Salt worm

Erdlu

Gith fighting mantis

Anakores raiding

Jozhals stealing. Fear them!
Amor Fati

Oh wow! Thanks Fnord! Those are freaking awesome. The Silt Horror.... Yeah my PC's will certainly react differently to them from now on... Scrabs look totally different than what I imagined. Everything else is just about right on. Rantarri's fucking rock.

Yeah, those are cool, Fnord.  I still have a hard time imagining scrab looking like anything besides garthim from "The Dark Crystal," no matter how hard I try.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Are you talking about this? Because it's actually kinda how I pictured it too.

Is that what Zalanthan scrabs really look like?
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

It's totally what I pictured a Cilops to look like...

Krathi and Elkran battling it out somewhere on the other side of those hills?

Original link with article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-563975/Amazing-pictures-The-lightning-storm-engulfed-erupting-volcano.html

There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Yours too?!   >:(
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Ourla on June 10, 2008, 04:32:04 PM
Yours too?!   >:(

No, no. I play the woman.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 10, 2008, 04:29:30 PM
Holy shit. Where'd you get that? That's my character!

This dude's DA gallery. 8)

There's one other that I think is a clincher Arm scene, but it's too IC to post. :-X
Amor Fati

There used to be this program... we'd all use it to draft rendered, 3d versions of what we viewed Zalanthas like.

Its was free... and it would render a map based on various input... without vegetation.

Anyone know what im talking about?
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Quote from: a strange shadow on June 21, 2008, 12:01:06 AM
Terragen

That looks like a neat program. I'm dl'ing it now to try it out.

Oh, lookit this.

A kank, mekillot, and an inix.

The North Road.

Those are some pretty adorable ratlon.

This thread is hawt.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli