Visualizing Zalanthas..

Started by Delirium, September 20, 2004, 05:37:47 PM

do it nergal

do it

sand sharks
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Like how many times that one picture been in this thread?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Why does the sand shark have gills?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Because FUCK YOU, that's why

Quote from: BleakOne on November 02, 2014, 03:35:58 PM
Why does the sand shark have gills?

It's well known that the primary propulsion system of a sand shark is the process by which they inhale sand and then project it out of their gills at high speeds
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Jinxed on August 31, 2014, 05:16:41 AM
That's how I always imagined Gaj.

If the Gaj was half that fun consistently the only complaint about tavern sitting is that it'd be the best thing in the game ever.

For my part, this clip has always had a big influence on how envision the "mood" of Zalanthas, and of Allanak in particular:

Highlord Tektolnes discusses the nature of time and prophecy with a few of His Black Robe Templars.

I stumbled upon this on Reddit, it's about finding and working sapphires, agate, garnet and some more common gemstones found in Zalanthas. And the way they look when they've been cut (aka worked by Kadius).

I found it quite interesting and beautiful.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

And while I'm on the subject of gemstones:

Fire opal:

I love those, thanks Iiyola.

That Opal looks like a freaking fire-bombing.

So, I happen to live nearby a both extremely significant and extremely remote archeaological artifact site, kinda like Mal Krian.  It's the Yarmony Pit House site, which is significant because it proves a bunch of masochists wintered over here in the Rockies like yours truly.

Found by an old bank of the Colorado river on the private land of a rich dude whose family makes very famous synthesizers, I found it amongst other artifacts, mainly flakes of flint, yes like the forageable object in the game, almost exactly so.

The Utes were in the area until the 1890s, but there is an enormous void of information between them and the "Folsom" people, who were here between 5-8k years ago.  Before there were pyramids in Egypt.

Sun glyph medicine ball thing found within 3 miles of the Yarmony pit house site.

This is a flint-knapped geode discovered on old Ute lands about a half mile north of the Colorado river.  It was discovered beside a knapped, green stone knife about 3 inches long that I gifted to my Apache neighbor.

It's hard to tell, but countless knapped facets cover the parts of the stone where the geode is exposed.

Kadian desert finery:

Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

LOL

Scrub north of the volcano in the north along with a travelling sunback caravan:

Somewhere in Allanak:

Tribal elves:

Redstorm elf:

Tuluk (lol):

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Very nice!

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Albino redfang?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Looks like a roundear, not a necker.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on January 11, 2015, 08:42:40 AM
Looks like a roundear, not a necker.

I know, that annoys me as well. The "outfit" just screams Red Fang, though

Human slave of the RedFang.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A ghaati warrior

Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on November 01, 2014, 03:02:10 AM
Nobody show Nergal this picture!

Afterthought: like where is this from?
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on January 15, 2015, 06:42:05 PM
Quote from: KankWhisperer on November 01, 2014, 03:02:10 AM
Nobody show Nergal this picture!

Afterthought: like where is this from?

I think that is from D&D 3.5 isn't it?
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.