Sold Out

Started by williamson, August 04, 2004, 05:39:06 PM

I dunno...Bestatte has an idea that I think is feasible.  Without rebooting, resetting shops on some sort of timer.  Resetting including coins and items in the shop.  The only hangup is that twinks would then figure out to time things so they can sell 5 of everything every shop reset.  Two solutions...one that Bestatte suggested, though, I don't know how easy it would be to code (or adapt already developed code as Bestatte suggests, but I am not sure of the feasability).  The second is to reduce the amount that shopkeepers will buy items for, which is a much simpler solution, but carries drawbacks in that it could make certain crafts nigh impossible to succeed at without secondary forms of income.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The only thing that really irritates me:  when every single sellable item in my inventory cannot be sold for multiple real life days.

Something that is okay, and often interesting:  when PC-craftable items, and unusual items from the wilds become available through NPC merchants.

Something that does not bother me:  when specific in-demand items are sold out or unsellable for a brief amount of time.

It would be nice if there was a compromise less drastic than total reboot to make the economy more "dynamic" and interesting with regard to unusual or unique items, while still allowing flexibility with "standard" items that everyone needs to buy and sell.