Crash

Started by elvenchipmunk, July 09, 2004, 08:24:40 AM

I'm just wondering if ARM is down right now, as I can't log in (%%% Error Connecting: Connection timed out). This is what it says when it crashes, but Iàm using a new computer right now, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Up and running; must be your side.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

That's weird. I typed in for host name: ginka.armageddon.org port: 4050 and it isn't working.
comments?
-Winston Churchill

It has to be something on your end. I'm playing right now and there's no problem - and if it had crashed, and came back up, the "Uptime" thingie on the upper right of this forum would have reset to 0 and started the timer again from there.

So...anyone know what's wrong?
-Winston Churchill

Some really great guy made a step by step guide to troubleshooting your connection to Armageddon.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/troubleshooting.html

good help file, but it still isn't working. I really have no idea why. You know the part where it says put in 64.252.79.51 into the connect window, which do I put it in? Hostname or port?

What client are you using? If you want, you can IM me - my SN is (oddly) Bestatte - but you need to tell me yours if you want to IM me because my AIM doesn't allow people who aren't on my buddy list to send me messages. You can send me a PM with your screen name (if you have AIM or AOL) and I"ll give you a holler and try and walk you through it. I'm pretty adept with most windows-based clients and telnet.

what do you mean client?
-Winston Churchill

I don't need anymore help, I just figure it's a firewall, but thanks for the help every1!
-Winston Churchill

Just try this from the commandline:

telnet 64.252.79.51 4050

If that doesn't work you are being blocked by a firewall.  The way around that is to go to http://www.mosha.net/ and sign up.  It's free and they let you do mudding over port 80 (web traffic) meaning if you can see their page you can connect to Arm.

*edit*
-Winston Churchill

Never mind. I'll just wait until another time to play ARM. It's not like I have to play it every chance I get............I think.
-Winston Churchill