16 (25.8%)
Customed Heroes running around ala Paragon City
5 (8.1%)
Other, please post below:
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: June 19, 2004, 02:13:30 AM

By the moons of Mer!

Okay, I swear I'll stop, I'm not a krell-eater.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

Someone mentioned a spacefaring people invading Zalanthas and enslaving them, there actually was a Dark Sun Adventure in which people from another world opened a portal to Athas and really messed things up.  Mainly because their magick (basic wizards and clerics) was completely different than Dark Sun's and also because they ALL were wearing steel armor and weapons.  

Perhaps something of this manner could occur, the bone sword wielding, leather armor having people could have to gather together and fight an invasion of people from another world, the people of Zalanthas vs. the people of That Other Place.  Might be cool, everyone banding together to fight off this incursion.

Or maybe just a new race of people on Zalanthas that are from beneath the earth, like in an underdark of our own, or from across the Silt Sea.

An invasion by a new force would be awesome.  here we have been squabbling over this little patch of land and across the Silt Sea there is a hug continent full of people who have been conquered and now they want to come get us backwater folks in our little land.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Shola, I agree. Let's see more world.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The last thing I want to see in Zalanthas is an evil force that becomes everyone's 'common enemy'.
More world, yes. Slave army raiding us from across the silt sea, no.

I doubt that it would make them the common enemy. It's not like Muk Utep and Tektolnes will suddenly become budies just because another civilization springs up. They will still be fighting each other, but at least this way, we might actually get some battles in this fucking world. It is sad how few real battles there are now.

BTW, I understand how to script it so that there actually would be an advancing army. Or, conversely, raids. It could be very realistic and could provide some excellent chances for RP.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Hrm, what if the raiding army was from a place very different than our little part of the world.  What if instead of magickers being spit on (elementalists I mean, not sorcerors) they were the nobles of that land, the leaders and held high ranking offices in the government.  Not to say they have to be a good government, actually probably not good at all, probably run around pissing on those without magick simply because if you have magick you must be better than those normal people.  

The normal person is the one at the mercy of the magickers not the magickers at the mercy of the normal person.  Flip flop it all.  That's all I'm saying.  It would make things very interesting if the opposing army had squads or fireteams with a magicker or two in each.  Maybe they raise certain individuals to learn magick and serve in this army.  A fire team of two warriors, a Whiran and a Krathi.  Or a Rukkian and a Vivaduan, or whatever.  The combination of skills and powers is frightening actually.  Eek.

I'd love to see an invading army that makes Tek and Muk actually have to turn their gazes away from each other for a while.  While they wouldn't be allies, they would both defend their lands.  And maybe try to ally with the newcomers, at least until their old rival is taken care of.

Dunno, what do you think?
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

As long as they're all NPC's, okay...but the only issue is whether it is realistic or not.  The People in Power(tm) won't like to see that coming their way and will likely do what they can to stop it...which could potentially be a lot, as they are in power.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Shoka, That would be badass. And That is a solid idea.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

If I could change Zalanthas I'd be the reigning god.

Resurrect! 
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!