New?

Started by Cuusardo, June 15, 2004, 07:46:16 PM

What does it mean when a piece of armor has 'new' in its sdesc?  For example, "a new simple wooden shield".
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"What does it mean when a piece of armor has 'new' in its sdesc?  For example, "a new simple wooden shield".

It is in perfect condition. No nicks, scracthes, or warped sections can be visibly seen upon the subject in question. It looks brand new.

I believe it goes like this (which means i think it is this way)
a simple wooden shield(Off the shelf perfect)
a new simple wooden shield (Couple scratches and/or a dent or two)
an used simple wooden shield (A few scratches, dents, chipped parts)
a cracked simple wooden shield (It is cracked, or some of the above)
a dented simple wooden shield (Dented pretty badly)
a battered simple wooden shield (Dented, scratched, chipped, worn down, crappy)
a destroyed simple wooden shield (Um.. P.O.S.?)

*editted to add Ashjpd's know-how*
*eddited to add's Dan's tidbit*
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

*Nods*
uppers.

New is worse condition than no tag, sacac?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yes. Because "New" items cost less than "no tag" items. (I ~know~)

You think? :) Um...You wanna check that and get back to us when you're sure?  :wink:
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Hah! I know.

Maybe I'm just fucked up, but "a new shield" sounds...newer...than "a shield". But hell, that's just me. The code may consider no tag items to be in the newest condition.

Quote from: "spawnloser"New is worse condition than no tag, sacac?

Yes, new item is in worse condition then a non-tagged item.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

So if you bring something with the 'new' tag to the proper place, you can get it repaired?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

yes, "New" can be repaired.

I've always wondered about the "new" flag. Sacac is absolutely right, new is older than nothing. :P And that's weird. I say remove it. :P
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

It used to be new was the best possible. Then they got rid of it. I don't think all items have new after being damaged abit. Only some. Even if they do I beleive it's a bug because they were getting rid of new. And if it's only some items(Even if it's most of the items in the game) then they'll probably get them as they see them.

Probably would want a staff opinion but I'd say typoing them wouldn't hurt, but if they know about it or something it might get spammy, thats  what the staff's opinion is.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Also, not really important, but dented goes directly after cracked on the damaged listing.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

As far as I know, new is as new as it gets. You can -always- repair something because they'll be "re-sizing" it for you. And who wouldn't take your money?

If it doesn't have a "new" flag, its clothing, not armor. (codewise)