Two complaints

Started by Armaddict, June 14, 2004, 03:11:03 AM

Indefinite incrim doesn't really make that much sense unless the crime committed was like - really big. Being caught as a defiler casting defiling spells somewhere (anywhere I guess would justify that kind of incrim). Being found out (and confirmed) as a mindbender. Being found out (and confirmed) as a northern spy for the northern templarate.

For stuff like that, I'd hope to be hunted and tracked down to the end of the known world for the rest of my miserable life.

Anything else? Meh. Most other offenses I can think of are minor, affect only the victim or the templar himself. And so now I'm wanted indefinitely for -failing- to pick Lord Borsail's pockets - and then Lord Borsail gets whacked by Lady Oash, and Templar Incriminator's player retires the character.

In such a cut-throat world, why SHOULD anyone give a shit if I failed to pick Lord Borsail's pockets a game-year before he died? I'm a nobody. I don't matter, I'm not worth the effort. Let it go, find someone whose crimes warrant a city-wide endless search and leave the kank-fleas to the kanks.

I'd say perhaps incrim should come with "ranks" of crimes, with each rank requiring a certain crime to be committed to justify the incrim. No more of this "Crimes against the state" stuff - it's way too vague, though no problem if you want to just RP that out.

incrim 1: petty theft, attempted petty theft, attempted harm of any sort to any unclanned commoner, outsider, or rinth-rat. Gets a good hour or so's worth of crimflag.

incrim 2: same as above, but applied to slaves, any clanned commoner of low-rank within their clan. 2-3 game-hours of crimflag.

incrim 3: same as above - applied to high-ranking commoners of any clan including house merchants, plus murder or any other causing death to any unclanned commoner, outsider, or rinth rat. 1 game-day of crimflag.

And so on and so forth, til you get incrim 10 - confirmed defiler, confirmed murder of Red-robed templar, confirmed mindbender, confirmed northern spy for northern templar, confirmed murder of Senior noble of house.

Most criminals, when caught will certainly need to think twice about what they're doing - even a 10-minute "time out" to hide can be troublesome for a petty theft who fails an attempt. Most crimes are petty enough that they just plain aren't worth a long-term incrim. Why SHOULD the entire city's militia be looking out forever for a guy who steals 20 sids from a 15-year-old PC ragamuffin? It makes no sense at all.

Quote from: "crymerci"However, I wouldn't use this tactic for, say, suspected theft.  It would be more appropriate for things like murdering a noble, treason, etc.

Quote from: "crymerci"truly heinous crimes
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

The stout, bald-headed soldier has arrived from the east.
The stout, bald-headed soldier sheathes an obsidian longsword.
The stout, bald-headed soldier sheathes an obsidian shortsword.
The stout, bald-headed soldier attempts to grab you, but you wrestle away.
The stout, bald-headed soldier shouts, in sirihish:
    "Templars! A criminal!"
The stout, bald-headed soldier draws an obsidian longsword.
The stout, bald-headed soldier draws an obsidian shortsword.
The stout, bald-headed soldier slashes you very hard on your body.
The stout, bald-headed soldier solidly pierces your body.
The stout, bald-headed soldier slashes your body, nicking you.
The stout, bald-headed soldier lightly pierces your body.
The stout, bald-headed soldier parries your attack.
The stout, bald-headed soldier swiftly dodges your stab.

All in one turn, and less than a second. I know time passes faster on in Armageddon, but this is a bit rediculous.

That's the four attacks I meant.

It's every failed subdue, not a random code roll or anything.

Why don't players get that? :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Ah.. that brings me back to the day I was killed because I stole 2 'sid. :D
But I agree, they should have "incrim blah" set to "incrim blah 2" instead of infinite if you put "incrim blah"
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.