Roleplay Voting Systems

Started by jmordetsky, April 22, 2004, 06:09:55 PM

Quote from: "Realedazed"I'd liked the idea a lot better, if it didn't link to skills.  Since the staff can't be around to see every scene, emailing the mud seems like a great idea.
I have a quick question. For those who do email the mud, what do you include in the email: a log, a summery of what happened, or just a "The player of SoandSo did a real good job Rping a whatever!"  Just curious, since I think I may do this in the future.

All I did was say the name of the character, the sdesc, and a summary of events. I only did it because I thought it was extremely well-done. I feel that constantly mailing in compliments about others (or complaints) dilutes the importance of your comments.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I'm absolutely against this idea, for all the reasons mentioned.

I'm not sure if this one was, but another reason why not is because RP is it's own reward.  IT's an rpi game, you come cause you wanna rp.

QuoteI have a quick question. For those who do email the mud, what do you include in the email: a log, a summery of what happened, or just a "The player of SoandSo did a real good job Rping a whatever!" Just curious, since I think I may do this in the future.

This is my_pc_name from account my_account name. Recently my character interacted with the good_rpers_sdesc. We were RP'ing about whatever_event and they seemed to really whatever_they_did_well. I thought it was worth a formal nod. Short and sweet being the goal. :)

Reverse all positive statements with negative ones if someone was the suck.

And I agree that the staff probably doesn't have time to review a million of these, but if someone is exceptionally good or poor, it's probably useful feedback. At the very least, the imms might snoop the player in the future to see if the hype is real by their standards.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

Yea, I agree. I won't mail the mud with every single RP session. Just the ones that stand out.  Thanks
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy