7 (8.8%)
5 (6.3%)
0 (0%)
2 (2.5%)
9+
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: April 21, 2004, 11:36:54 AM

with my previous poll, I decided to make this one to get which I hope to be fool proof.

How long do you play on average?

If you play for a set time then put that amount, if you chime in a lot durring the day for short periods of time, try and calculate that in the best you can.

The easiest way to decide this would be look at your current amount of hours on your character when you log on...at the end of the day, subtract that amount from the one when you logged on first and you should have a rough estimate.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Though it used to be a lot more, I'm currently playing perhaps an average of one hour a day.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Though it used to be a lot more, I'm currently playing perhaps an average of one hour a day.

I hear ya. I used to be 8+, but it's dropped to 5 or less a day, sometimes none.

I had to vote 4 hours, though I really play about 8...but I take days off:)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

No hours...not anymore.  Stupid mantis head.  I hate thee!
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "uberjazz"No hours...not anymore.  Stupid mantis head.  I hate thee!

Oh come on...you can't quit till you've had over 150 chars...I'm only at 120 or so, so even I can't quit playing yet.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Quote from: "Trenidor"
Quote from: "uberjazz"No hours...not anymore.  Stupid mantis head.  I hate thee!

Oh come on...you can't quit till you've had over 150 chars...I'm only at 120 or so, so even I can't quit playing yet.

Wow, if I ever see 120 dead characters on my account list I'm going to cackle insanely and make a mantis head dummy out of a volleyball. I'll call him Ed, and we will get along just fine.

I love each of my characters dearly, part of my mantis head copeing strategy is to plan my next character ahead and come up with a concept I find so incredibly cool and interesting that I just have to be excited about the PC. However, I still go nuts when they die. *sigh*

On average I play 24 hours a week.  That would be 3-4 hours per day, but some days I play much longer, much less, or don't log in at all.  I'm unpredictable that way.  

It depends on how much free time I have, what my character is up to and what is on TV.  I watch mediocre TV while my character engages in dull activities, but if a really good show comes on or I get involved in a really intense scene, then I have to choose one or the other.  I don't want to turn into one of those slow-responders, I hate those guys.  Ok, not *HATE* but I do find them aggravating.

Quote from: "Akaramu"Wow, if I ever see 120 dead characters on my account list I'm going to cackle insanely and make a mantis head dummy out of a volleyball. I'll call him Ed, and we will get along just fine.

I'm lucky.  When I was up around 40 characters with my old account "Mariel" I messed up the email.  While they could have fixed it for me, they also said I could make a new account if I wanted my account name to be the same as my GDB name (you know, so I can get credit for the bugs and typos I report).  And I did.  So since I don't know exactly how many characters I had on my old account, I won't know when I get to 100 total!  Actually, I think I've passed 100, but I'm not sure.

QuoteI love each of my characters dearly, part of my mantis head copeing strategy is to plan my next character ahead and come up with a concept I find so incredibly cool and interesting that I just have to be excited about the PC. However, I still go nuts when they die. *sigh*

You know, in the long run you might be happier with a MUD that does not have straight permadeath.  Personally I always found repoping in a temple somewhere to be really cheesy, but some people like it.  There are also MUDs that have a sort of half-way point. I remember one where you come back as a ghost or zombie and have to do something significant to become alive again, and if you die while undead you stay dead.  I've heard of another where you have to buy a magic jewel that traps your soul when you die, (so that it doesn't move on to the afterlife) and your friends have to find the gem and do something with it to raise you from the dead.  Not quite perma-death, but not the usual "Death is meaningless, die as often as you want" situation either.

Personally I like the permadeath.  If nothing else it is good practice for real death.  I think that finding out that there is an afterlife and that the reincarnationists were right would be much less traumatic after a few years of playing Armageddon:  "Damn, I'm dead?!?  Oh well, time to send in a new application.  I wonder what it would be like to be from Kenya?"

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Man, what are you people doing to die 100 times!?  Haven't you learned from your mistakes in past lives, or do you just get bored and run into the desert?

Well, I seem to recall AC mentioning how she went through a metric fuck-ton of rangers when trying to prove that an indie hunter in the south could/couldn't make it on his/her own.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "Petra"Man, what are you people doing to die 100 times!?  Haven't you learned from your mistakes in past lives, or do you just get bored and run into the desert?

I dont die often (my shortest lived PC so far was over 15 days) but every single time it was a lame, pointless death to stupid OOC mistakes that could have been avoided very easily, and that my PCs would never have stumbled into. I'm still waiting for a great, well-roleplayed death. *grump*

Quote from: "Petra"Man, what are you people doing to die 100 times!?  Haven't you learned from your mistakes in past lives, or do you just get bored and run into the desert?

I like the desert, the desert just doesn't like me.  :(  I don't get bored and "run into the desert."  Most of my characters are planned as people who spend time in the desert.  More a matter of "hmm, I wonder what is in that hole?" or "I wonder what is on top of that bluff?"  And I do learn from my mistakes.  I hardly ever get killed by the same thing twice.  ;)  

#1 killer of AC:  "I'm tired, I should go to bed.  Ok, I will just as soon as I finish this one thing."  :evil:

The point is to have fun, right?  If you are playing a character that you find fun, and you aren't impinging on someone elses fun, then what does it matter how long the character lives?  I've had a few characters that lived for several RL months, I didn't enjoy them any more than a slew of short-lived characters.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I wish I had an undo button...It was really embarrassing to die to a pack of wild erdlu.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Mine's kind of erratic...lately it's bee averaging about three or four hours a day.

Man, that's alot of pcs...I think I've only had a total of about nine characters in about the last two years.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I've cut way back.. But for a while there it was 6-7 hours a day.. Every day.

Almost a second Job.. But now about 3-4 hours and not everyday.

I know.. I need help.. I'm working it out  :wink:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I wake up, eat something, start Arm and then go back to bed.

That answer your question?   8)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?