Mind your business and get the hell outta there
69 (79.3%)
It's ok to look at other people there
10 (11.5%)
It's ok to talk to other people there
8 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: April 24, 2004, 02:43:03 PM

I like to make warriors and just sit in the Hall, pkilling anyone who comes through.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Next PC concept.. A chubby dwarf that passes out High-Fives in the hall of kings with every Scar..

But I've only been with one other person in the hall of kings.. And I looked at them. :wink:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I don't really see how you could use the information IG anyway. I'm voting "chill" on this one too.

suchandsuch man asks you in sirihish "You know him? Where from?"
you say in sirihish to suchandsuch man "We were floating in these eery dark abyss with a map.. and there was this guy selling scars.."

I've wished people goodluck in that room before and I didn't feel I was doing anything illegal or wrong. As long as you don't attack them or anything i feel it should be okay.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Oooh, it's so tempting to attack the scars guy....never done it though.   :twisted:

Quote from: "Majikal"I don't really see how you could use the information IG anyway.

That's a melon scratcher, but I think I've found a way.

What do you know about someone you see in the HoK?  You know aproximately how long that character has been played.  Obviously it depends how often the player logs in and how long they stay, but you have a rough idea.

Suppose you look at "the tall, muscular man" in the HoK.  A week later you've made a few friends and you and your buddies are out in the wilderness hunting, when you encounter him again, and due to the fact that he is levitating you jump to the conclusion that he is a magicker!  He looks like he is about 30 years old, and you have no IC way of knowing  how powerful he is.  However, you know that you saw this particular tall, muscular man in the HoK last week, so he can't possibly have more than 7 days played, and probably only 1 or 2.  You consider your buddies, and what you know about magickers, and decide that your group of fearless hunters could definately take on a newbie mage.  :evil:

The opposite situation is less likely.  You haven't been playing much because of RL, so three months later you only have 4 days play time on your character.  You encounter the levitating mage, and somehow remember his main desc, from three months before.  So now you know this is probably a 10-15 day mage, and you wet yourself.  All you've seen him do is levitate, but you figure the fact that he's let you see that probably means that his isn't afraid of anything you can do to him.  You assess the situation and run for your life.

Unlikely?  Sure, but not impossible.

Another potentially akward situation is if you look at someone and realize from their long description that they are a demon, a gith, a kank, an avignon, or some other rare and remarkable thing.  Knowing that there is a PC <whatever> in the game may ruin the surprise later.

The problem with all these senarios is that you do get to see their sdesc, even if you don't deliberately look, and an unusual sdesc can tip you off.  Most mages are something more unusual than "the tall, muscular man."  Most kanks, gith, etc., will have their race right there in their sdesc.  So situations where looking at their main desc can be misused later will be very, very rare.  Rare, but still possible.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

QuoteThat's a melon scratcher, but I think I've found a way.

So? If you don't talk and look, you can't remember when they logged in first? If I see someone in Hall of Kings, I will remember, whether I looked at him or not.
I played a few consequent long living social chars in the same place. Now I remember how old is nearly everybody in that place and this time, I've a warrior. You think I'll use this info from ex-chars?
C'mon! If all things written is about twinks, if all you care's twinks, you should be really nervous. I believe I'm not a twink and I _will_ say "Good luck!" to someone there if I feel to. And I won't care if he looks at me, beucase a twink would always be stronger than you anyway, no need to waste my thoughts on twinks.
Please don't become perfectionist Nazis, we don't need that many rules not to behave OOC. We CAN seperate IC and OOC.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]