Why is Allanak sometimes called the "Black City"?

Started by Marauder Moe, April 10, 2004, 01:58:16 AM

Because the northlands are very vast containing many(?) tribes that can make up thousands and thousands of people. And lets not forget outlying tuluki villages. Seemed like a reasonable number.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Those tribals wouldn't be citizens of Tuluk, though, now would they, Dirr?  The villages, I can understand, but any one village holds nearly noone compared to the city.  Granted, there are probably a few of them, but that could not add up to 90% of the population.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

The Northlands are specified as containing 400,000 people, whether Tuluki citizens or not.

QuoteAllanak: 350-400k, including villages
Northlands: same number, more dispersed
Luirs: 3-5k
Tyn Dashra: 2k
Tablelands: 20k in nomadic tribes (elves/dwarves)
Red Storm: 2-3k
Anyali: 2k (counting all 3 tribes)
Okay, the tribes that you are talking about are the Anyali and the ones from over in the tablelands.  They are already represented.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Maybe I'm wrong in this, but I assumed there were more tribes in the northlands than the Anyali. I wasn't really counting the tablelands either.

Oh, to add one more thing. The number 40,000 is just my estimate, I really have no idea. I think I might have seen somewhere else in other posts and just continued to use it. I'm also sure that the population may fluctuate as well. So it could very well be 40,000 or 350,000 that live in the city.

Fair enough.