There's a storm a common', yeh better get indoors!

Started by Satansfish, April 02, 2004, 02:40:34 PM

Would you like to see movement/timed damage during the worst sandstorms?

Flay me, baby! (Yes)
39 (54.2%)
And ruin my pale noblility flesh? (No)
20 (27.8%)
Who cares, jackass? (Who cares, jackass?)
13 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: April 02, 2004, 02:40:34 PM

Quote from: "Vega"I'm not sure if this or isn't in place, I'm not too sure about it myself as I don't recall.

When there's going to be a sandstorm, the winds could pick up to drastic proportions. I'm not sure but I think I remember seeing this one time when there was a sandstorm and the weather was fine. There weren't any winds. A sandstorm, I'd assume would have winds and given how severe it was, I rather expected high winds. If high winds are predicative of sandstorms, it would provide an interesting RP opportunity. In my mind anyways.

Reminds me of the summer dust devils that pick up 20 ft in the air, and the wind is barely going.

Quote from: "jhunter"The -only- way I think some sort of code like this should be put in is if it is also coded so you can see a storm before you ride into it...otherwise, no fucking way.

As it is...you cannot see that it is storming until you actually enter it and cannot tell that one is coming before your in it...I think this needs to be dealt with before some sort of damage thing is ever added.

I agree some...
Perhaps there could be a pre-code if you were out in the middle of nowhere, a simple line like: "Far off, a sandstorm begins picking up, heading your way."
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't weather conditions and suitable clothing covered by the variables in MV?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't weather conditions and suitable clothing covered by the variables in MV?

No, MVs don't hurt your HPs :wink:  :D
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

I think two things should happen:

1) During the worst of storms, walking around is the same as walking through darkness.  Its random.  Unless you're a ranger or a d-elf, or using magick or something.

2) If an IMM sees you doing it, they should send baddies after you.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "uberjazz"I think two things should happen:

1) During the worst of storms, walking around is the same as walking through darkness.  Its random.  Unless you're a ranger or a d-elf, or using magick or something.

This was already a factor in the game before.  Unless I was smoking some spice, I seem to remember discussions about hell storms on the old message board.