The Ecology of Zalanthas

Started by Comrade Canadia, March 19, 2004, 04:49:16 PM

Actually, I agree.  The whole reason behind my idea of little tiny creepy crawlies is that I want to see desert survival RP that isn't oriented around killing monsters.  I don't want a desert that's deadly because its the land of monsters.  I want a desert that's deadly because its a desert.  Tiny little poisonous creatures is an important part of any desert in my opinion.  And such creatures are an important part of an ecosystem as well.

A desert can't actually sustain very large creatures.  I'd prefer to see people fighting dehydration, risk of poison, the sun, and risk of getting lost.  But the staff still seems convinced that the desert needs monsters in it.  As I said, I would like to see more middle-sized and small creatures in the Nakki area.

Although I want to take the monsters away, I don't want the desert to be less deadly.  I'd like to see it deadly in different ways.
Back from a long retirement

I'm playing in a FR game right now that has solved two problems.  Fight shit that will kill people if they are not really careful.  Also, people don't keep coming back because we're playing evil characters in an epic apocolyptic plotline, so we just raid the dead people for their shit and keep going.

...much like just about any Dark Sun game I've played in.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

SO it's not like ARM.. you're uber powerful, wandering around killing people and looting, then proceeding just to kill more.. I'm not insulting you, this is the way how FR is to be played. But's it's not the way how ARM is to be played IMNSHO.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I would assume scrabs eat sand lizards, spiders, other scrabs, the brown grass that are written in the room descs, etc.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Anyone else noticed the seemingly large problem with a lack of flying creatures? :) I suppose they would be silly to have people attacking with melee weapons (few people hunt birds with a spear, unless you are REALLY sneaky or REALLY fast), but even having them in appropriate echoes in forest and scrubland like there are in the markets would be a bit more interesting.

Quote from: "Bestatte"Unless you don't have any, and just wanted to post that you don't like something?

It isn't a working solution for Armageddon.

That's all I'm saying.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Sand sharks...big tooth-filled sand sharks...

lo w

[near]
Nothing.

[Far]
Nothing.

[Very Far]

A huge, grey fin slices through the dunes here.

DadadadadadadadadadadadadadadahdahDUHM!

I know it doesn't solve the problem...but it would be cool.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D