Watch

Started by theebie, March 02, 2004, 09:29:31 AM

How 'bout a "watch front" ; "watch left" ; "watch right" ; "watch back" ...

which makes you watch the direction of your last move ?
-> you always watch the direction you are going

---theebie---

How about you use a client?
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I already "idea"d a "watch front" option (watching the last direction you typed so if your moving directions a lot you can still watch in front of you easily).

I can't think of an easy way to code it though without putting a lot of strain on ginka. Then again I can't think of an easy way to code watch at all without adding a lot of strain :P

#al {LAST} {#var lastdir %1}
#al {n} {north;LAST n}
#al {e} {east;LAST e}
#al {w} {west;LAST w}
#al {s} {south;LAST s}
#al {watch_front} {watch $lastdir}
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "gfair"Watch all?

No.

Ya I gotta say that would royally suck.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Watch room:  Allow characters to remove their eyes, stick them inside a painted skull in the Barrel and go away, spying in on everybody.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"Watch room:  Allow characters to remove their eyes, stick them inside a painted skull in the Barrel and go away, spying in on everybody.

Um...duh, if you did that you'd die. And your eyes wouldn't be connected to your brain anymore so you wouldn't be able to see anyway. You'd just pull your eyes out and be blind, and then you'd like, bleed to death.

Duh.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Nuh huh!  Ever hear of the Way?  This would be another telepathic skill.
The Way of the Disembodied Eyes That Watch People.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"Nuh huh!  Ever hear of the Way?  This would be another telepathic skill.
The Way of the Disembodied Eyes That Watch People.

We don't want any of your mindbender tricks in here!!!

"Rocket from sockets!"

"Boy, that was an Oedipal moment.  You know... Oedipus Rex... puts his own eyes out... READ A BOOK!"
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant""Rocket from sockets!"

"Boy, that was an Oedipal moment.  You know... Oedipus Rex... puts his own eyes out... READ A BOOK!"

Um...so what.... you like, banged your mom or something?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "jmordetsky"
Quote from: "Larrath"Watch room:  Allow characters to remove their eyes, stick them inside a painted skull in the Barrel and go away, spying in on everybody.

Um...duh, if you did that you'd die. And your eyes wouldn't be connected to your brain anymore so you wouldn't be able to see anyway. You'd just pull your eyes out and be blind, and then you'd like, bleed to death.

Duh.

I so just realized a cool way to have a Half-Giant to blind himself. I would just need to be smoth & convincing.  Muhahaha
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.