You're a man now son... Get out!

Started by Hicksville Hoochie, February 27, 2004, 05:58:36 PM

If this was anywhere in the documents, I've truly missed it, so maybe someone could help me...

At what age is one considered an adult in Zalanthas?

Such as in todays society, 18-21 is the common age, where as centuries ago, many were considered of age come 14-16 years old, marrying and bearing children even.

What's the norm in Zalanthas?

For codewise, if I am not wrong, humans are considered as adults at age 20. Maybe this differs from the original Zalanthas traditions...
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

It depends upon race and each individual. But, I think I have heard some say that most on Zalanthas reach adulthood, or maturity, at a fairly young age. Some as young as 13, perhaps, for humans?

Yes, I would say that, on Zalanthas, a person reaches adulthood as soon as they are physically able to care for themselves. Some tribes in-game have actual 'rights of passage' which deliniate when a person becomes, officially an 'adult', but for the most part, I think its as soon as you are physically able - or about 13-15.

-Tlaloc
Tlaloc
Legend

Quote from: "Tlaloc"I think its as soon as you are physically able - or about 13-15.
A very interesting tid-bit of information to know when working out how to treat "child" PCs :)

For the love of all that is Holy!!!  Are we back on this topic?!  :lol:  :roll:

I say 20 (human years) is adult.  From 13 (earliest starting age) to around 20 CODE WISE a person -looks- young.  Coupled with the fact that those who start out at 13 or so are looking to play -young- characters... not short adults.  Therefore, treat them as young, not totally children, but they young.  They look young, they are coded young, and for most... they act young.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

This depends a lot about who I was playing at the time, but basically...a 13 year old is a child.  Whether my character gives a shit about that and wants to go easier on them or not, that's up to them.

This discussion, the way I see it, is not when someone becomes an adult, but when someone is treated as an adult.  A sixteen year old 'adult' is still going to have infatuations and possibly even acne.  But the same sixteen year old might be executed for theft if caught.  Yeah, you get the idea...I'm tired. :|
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?