nearly every act is coloured
2 (2.5%)
I'm 7DV and every other word is coloured
0 (0%)
It's color not colour you damn aussie
11 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: February 27, 2004, 01:39:21 AM

I recently made my client add colour to everyone, and I have to say it's made it a lot easier to notice important things in tavern spam :) It's also made it a lot easier for me to ignore stuff my character wouldn't notice (people entering and leaving, people talking at other tables, people talking to other people, people looking at people, etc, etc).

So how much colour do you use?

The only reason I really stayed playing Armageddon in the beginning was because it had no color. If it did I probably wouldn't be here :) the only color I allow is the battle high-lights that seem to be automatic.

I recently lost my laptop's hard drive, have no backup, and cannot readily rebuild my .tintinrc (complete with over a decade's worth of #highlights and tweaks.)  It's a bitch.

I live for my client highlights, but oddly despise MUDs with a 7DV color scheme.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I have not put them back, but I used highlights to things like 'says to you', 'at your table' to bring out the pieces pertaining me in a spammy room.

I did that after accidentally respondong to something I overheard that was not meant for me.  :oops:

My client allows customisation of colors, so I tend not to use very bright ones. With the exception of the notice of someone entering my mind. That is very close to the ANSI pink. ;)

I don't have a mothafuckin' color scheme.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

But, incidentally, the colors I use for my mudding are reflected below, in my signature.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The Poll said:
QuoteI'm 7DV and every other word is coloured    
 0%  [ 0 ]

7DV (yes, the person mentioned above)
QuoteI don't have a mothafuckin' color scheme.
-and-
But, incidentally, the colors I use for my mudding are reflected below, in my signature.

DUDE!
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I color my prompt one color and the room title [exit] with another. Hellloooo nurse, did that help me read the Mud better.
color=darkred][size=9]Complaints of unfairness on the part of
other players will not be given an audience.
If you think another character was mean
to you, you're most likely right.[/color][/size]

I color any line including brackets in it (skill list, the scroll when I 'look' in a direction, and any exit line) a dark blue. My background is a desert sand color, and my text is a very, very dark grey, almost black. My command echo is dark crimson.

Very nice and easy on the eyes, yet very simple.

Real robots prefer monochrome.
aikun: I have scratched the 1 off of my d20. I CANNOT FAIL!

Once I figure out how to use my highlights, I'm going to color the "says to you's", "at your tables", and maybe some sdescs of the people I know.  I'm still thinking about that one. I don't think I might run into two whatever-eyed, something-tattooed people.
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

Let's see...

Messages at tables/seats are in red, Way messages are green, overheard stuff is purple, whispers are pink.  Helps to keep from getting confused or missing messages.  All thanks to MUSHclient.  Oh, and I have ansi turned on to help keep track of what goes on in combat.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I'm using GMud so... black BG and white FG. Heh.

Room titles, prompt, entry and exit messages, talks, says, tells, whispers, psis, different kinds of overhears, positive/negative/neutral battle messages, weather messages, movement messages, militia npcs, merchant npcs, other npcs, friends and enemies have all their own formatting settings.

Moreover, entry and exit messages, talks and overhears are completely rewritten clientside. My dream is to one day have complete clientside reformatting.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Helps to keep from getting confused or missing messages.
Could you upload that script? I'd be interested to see how it works :) I only know how to highlight one line in MUSHClient, and not a series of lines.

Quote from: "Zore"Moreover, entry and exit messages, talks and overhears are completely rewritten clientside.
What are they now?  :shock:

Quote from: "John"
Quote from: "Zore"Moreover, entry and exit messages, talks and overhears are completely rewritten clientside.
Entry messages are, for example:

[north] The tall, muscular man (limping slowly)

Which is quite much faster to skim through than "Limping slowly, the tall, muscular man has arrived from the north." So basically I'm removing redundancy and clutter, and reordering and colouring things to make everything as ergonomic as possible.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"Helps to keep from getting confused or missing messages.
Could you upload that script? I'd be interested to see how it works :) I only know how to highlight one line in MUSHClient, and not a series of lines.

Me too, please. I'm clueless when it come to that stuff. :idea:
 got caught at school with my hands down my pants and had to keep it down there for  a whole week.......What a week!
~Chris, Family Guy

Quote from: "Zore"
Entry messages are, for example:

[north] The tall, muscular man (limping slowly)

Which is quite much faster to skim through than "Limping slowly, the tall, muscular man has arrived from the north." So basically I'm removing redundancy and clutter, and reordering and colouring things to make everything as ergonomic as possible.

Man, I wouldn't be able to stand playing Arm like that. It just looks like you stopped reading a book and started reading a crappy script.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I find it amusing that something like that would probably have been the default code they parse to get a sentence :P

I'm a very blan kind of girl.. No color except the matrix green of Zmud.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "sarahjc"I'm a very blan kind of girl.. No color except the matrix green of Zmud.

*wince* Ouch!  That default green colour is the first thing I change whenever I go to a new mud.

If you do nothing else with colours in your Zmud, you really should try to get rid of the snot green text.  Try it!  Believe me, it will enhance your playing pleasure at least tenfold.
UNICORN
QuoteSome things have to be believed to be seen.

I changed from the Matrix green to the Burn your eyes orange that was used in the OLD OLD PCs. I like it...Probably why I had to get glasses two or three weeks ago.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I really can't switch, I am hooked on the color.. Can't say why I like it. Green is soothing.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "Delirium"I color any line including brackets in it (skill list, the scroll when I 'look' in a direction, and any exit line) a dark blue. My background is a desert sand color, and my text is a very, very dark grey, almost black. My command echo is dark crimson.

Very nice and easy on the eyes, yet very simple.

Any chance of a screenshot? Sounds fanciful.

I'm also one of those addicted to green, but suddenly feel keen on self-improvement.
I'll add a question:

What fonts are people using?

Custom pale grey background, just slightly murkier than white..

Custom blue-black text.

No highlights, no bolds, no triggers, no nuttin.  Just dark text on light background.

Times new roman, size 10

Quote from: "sarahjc"I really can't switch, I am hooked on the color.. Can't say why I like it. Green is soothing.

I agree. I used to change my text colour every time, but changed it back to the standard green a couple of months ago. I found it helped ease the long-hour screen burn.
quote="Lirs"]Sometimes I wonder why I do it.. when reading the GDB feels like death.[/quote]

Courier new, 10pt. I'm hooked on fixed-width font.

Fixedsys, dark green on black background. I use this for all my MUDs, as the text doesn't constantly 'jump out', making it easier to sort of daze off and picture things.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Quote from: "Bestatte"Custom pale grey background, just slightly murkier than white..

Custom blue-black text.

I think you might just be my alter-ego! Your colors are practically an inversion of what I do...A blue-black background with silver-grey text...weird... :shock:
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."