Requested Feedback on Webpage

Started by Sanvean, February 12, 2004, 12:04:21 PM

Ok, even though this thread is nul and void now anyways (as the quickstart has already been posted) I do feel that maybe there is something not a lot of people have thought about.  What does it mean to have both sexes equal?

Men are, by nature, designed to have more muscle and just be bigger over all, than women.  Women have a lower center of gravity and wider hips then men, and so can't run as fast or do as much with their lower body then men.  Then there is fat.  Women have almost 10% more body fat then men.  It all comes down to the babies.  Women who do start to match men physically do so at the price of being able to have children.  Realistically, this means women shouldn't be able to have as many children as we do in this world and the percentage for something going wrong should be much greater.  "F-me" bots aside, women wouldn't have hips or breasts or curves if they are the same as men.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

It doesn't matter, sids, what things are like in the real world...a woman can be built just as sturdy/strong as a man in Zalanthas.  That is the fact of the matter, code-wise, in the game...period.  Biology as you understand it is irrelavent.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"It doesn't matter, sids, what things are like in the real world...a woman can be built just as sturdy/strong as a man in Zalanthas.  That is the fact of the matter, code-wise, in the game...period.  Biology as you understand it is irrelavent.

But it does argue a redesign of the female form, because normal physics are still in effect. Women would either need to look very like guys, or to be carrying even more muscle to make up for the extra body fat they have to shift around. It's possible I suppose that guys are carrying more fat instead, but that would seem at odds with the harsh environment and difficulty of finding enough food.

It's a question of how to put a spin on the world that makes it reflect the code.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Having just gotten an email from a player saying that I hadn't incorporated any of the feedback, I wanted to provide some information.

I would estimate I incorporated about 75% of the suggestions that
were made. Some of the changes were made the first day the thread was
posted, as people suggested changes, while the rest were made a week
later, when I took the time to go through the thread to read each reply
through overall, and then went through a second time to incorporate
things. Changes included wording, rearrangement, adding additional links, etc.

No, I did not take every single suggestion. Since some of them were contradictory, that's somewhat impossible. Others I did not include because they went against the notion that the Quickstart should be shorter, rather than longer. I highly appreciated the feedback and thought I had shown that appreciation by using it. To be accused of betraying the players by disregarding their input surprised me more than a little and I'm confused about where this misconception came from and whether it's widely spread or not.

QuoteZalanthans as how to order a BigMac at McDonald's is to us.

I really don't care for that. It just seems too...out there and almost like it's supposed to be a joke.

Also, get rid of the bold. The bullets are enough, the bold just gets obnoxious.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Heh.  That was quick.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.