Constant Crashes?

Started by John, February 12, 2004, 02:12:14 AM

Is the game down currently?

I'm moved in to a new house with a shitty router, that is not letting my use iChat, and may make me unable to play Arm. I can't seem to connect to armageddon.org, which usually is a sign to me that the game is down.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Right now, the game is up and running. Did you try connecting using the IP address?

I'm connecting through: 64.252.79.51:4050

POOP.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Dunno if we crashed or if it was just me ... but I typed saved about 2 seconds before I lost connection. Yay, for once!  ;D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I just lost my connection too.  :'(
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Well at least I don't have to worry about being link dead in the wilds  :P

Aaaaand... I'm back.  ;D
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Odd ... I logged back in ... and apparently I'm too excited about the crash to leave again just yet!

>:(
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I expect we lose people because of how often we crash.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 12, 2008, 10:57:45 PM

What... is this serious?

The MUD is pretty damn stable most of the time and when it's not the problem is normally soon fixed.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Crashing would be discouraging to new players, definitely. Especially those still not sure if they want to invest the time into the game.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 12, 2008, 10:57:45 PM

It's not -that- bad.

We used to have a -full day- of Saturday maintenance downtime.

A few crashes every few weeks?

Pfft.

It really isn't that bad, but I would not mind at all if the game stopped crashing so often. Within the last few days, maybe weeks, we've been getting one a day at least.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870