Subdue rp good or bad?

Started by I Have Steel, February 05, 2004, 05:03:40 AM

Nothing vague about it, I said -lift- I meant -lift- period, end of story and make the object anything you want, though I'd just say a normal gym set of weights.

But if you want to go into it more, any man who can lift 200lbs can carry it, depending on what it is and how it is being carried, I can put a 200lbs human over my shoulder and go quite a distance, I can lift a 200lbs rock, if I can grasp it but I'm not going very far with it.

QuotePrimarily, yes, but no matter who's arm it is, its still rotating in a socket.
It is, but lever or not, socket or not, there is still X amount of mass/intertia to be overcome.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"As far as the elf is concerned, you admitted to getting some hits off on him before  he managed to subdue your char, the elf took the hits and the risk and he won, shrug.

The elf was incapable of damaging my character with a weapon, hence resorting to subdue. The risk he was running by using those tactics was less than he ran by facing me with a weapon in his hand. If you can't see that that is broken, I don't think there's any point in discussing it with you further.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Quote from: "Quirk"The elf was incapable of damaging my character with a weapon, hence resorting to subdue. The risk he was running by using those tactics was less than he ran by facing me with a weapon in his hand. If you can't see that that is broken, I don't think there's any point in discussing it with you further.

Perhaps you should have spent a bit less time becoming such a hardcase and more time practicing your grappling moves.  A well-rounded warrior is a living warrior.
Back from a long retirement

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"
Quote from: "Quirk"The elf was incapable of damaging my character with a weapon, hence resorting to subdue. The risk he was running by using those tactics was less than he ran by facing me with a weapon in his hand. If you can't see that that is broken, I don't think there's any point in discussing it with you further.

Perhaps you should have spent a bit less time becoming such a hardcase and more time practicing your grappling moves.  A well-rounded warrior is a living warrior.

I doubt that elf had practised grappling particularly. Grappling should not be more effective than using a weapon against PCs. That it is effective owes a lot to the lag on kill and the lack of representation of the fact that the grappler is hurling their body onto a couple of sharp blades.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Quote from: "Quirk"I doubt that elf had practised grappling particularly. Grappling should not be more effective than using a weapon against PCs. That it is effective owes a lot to the lag on kill and the lack of representation of the fact that the grappler is hurling their body onto a couple of sharp blades.

Yes, and even though I quibbled on that detail, I agree with you in princible.  Except that half-giants are a seperate case.  They don't generally need to spam subdue/flee, because the first time is usually enough.  So any fixes to limit that I am in agreement with.  However, if somebody rushes in and charges a half-giant, then I think the half-giant should have the opportunity to attempt to grab the charger before he gets within blade range.
Back from a long retirement