Weapons and damage

Started by JollyGreenGiant, January 31, 2004, 02:53:45 AM

QuoteI've seen people wearing solid-bone breastplates take strong hits to the chest with bone/wooden spears. Which technically would be impossible. They at most would get a nice impact to the chest, maybe pushed back, but not a bleeding wound from such an attack.

Saw this in another thread, just wanted to make a comment.  Damage is sort of representative of a lot of things - bleeding, shock, and of course the actual harm itself.  Also, getting a solid hit on, say, someone's body may mean that you didn't hit that solid-bone breastplate at all.  You might've jabbed them in the armpit, or maybe at some point in the fight, you broke strap and that breastplate is now loose enough to allow a good slash, or something of that nature.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

A sharp spear point is going to go through anything IMO.

But yeah, i agree solid hits etc can mean alot of things.
on't worry if you're a kleptomaniac, you can always take something for it.

------

"I have more hit points that you can possible imagine." - Tek, Muk and my current PC.

Hasn't Armageddon a system which uses different damage charts for what kind of weapon (piercing, slashing and so on) hits which armor? Or raises a armor only the AC generally?
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

ok
So your wearing a breastplate only?
That leaves your shoulder open, your armpits, (Depending on the armor) Your sides.

Ok, since Zalanthian weapons are more or less like our ancient ones,
Look how much a knight had to wear to protect himself. :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

And knights were still vulnerable at their armpits and up their greaves. Plus they could be crushed by a heavy blow, where the armor caved in. I think bone might splinter, obsidian definitely could, and of course the rare metal stuff might hold up better, but if they get whacked with a half-giants obsidian mace of doom, I think it would be like tissue paper.

Quote from: "Anonymous"but if they get whacked with a half-giants obsidian mace of doom, I think it would be like tissue paper.

Think cave trolls in Return of the King. Imagine what would happen if HG's could hit multiple targets like that?
Quote from: BhagharvaWhat you don't know can kill you. What you do know, can kill others.

To the north
[Near]
A lanky, brown-skinned gith is here, humping the rusty brown kank.
The rusty brown kank to the north bleats miserably.