Favorite Way to Die

Started by Twilight, January 12, 2004, 10:30:45 AM

What is your favorite way to die?

Various Aggro Intelligent NPCs (Gith, halflings, etc.)
3 (4.4%)
Various Beasties
2 (2.9%)
One shotted
3 (4.4%)
Poison
1 (1.5%)
Magick
8 (11.8%)
Assasinated
17 (25%)
Politics, damn politics!
13 (19.1%)
Its such a loooooong way down...splat
4 (5.9%)
Randomly PK'd
3 (4.4%)
HRPT
14 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: January 12, 2004, 10:30:45 AM

You always seem to remember your great deaths.  Do you have a favorite?  Do you have a way of dying that seems to always happen to you?  Inquiring minds want to know!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Anything other than a group of NPCs.

Something that has you running/fighting for your life, where you are with friend PCs and thus you have some chance of survival...I hate situations where there is 0% chance of living through it....boooooringl
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I like to die with friends.  That way there is hope that someone who knows what happened to me will live to tell the tale, and that my death will mean something to other PCs.

Dieing alone and unloved is depressing.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I wish that once you died, you could instantly walk around in a corporeal ghost form, with unlimited stamina and invincible, but not able to interact with anything, no emotes, says, anything, so that you can see and log the immediate reaction to your death..maybe you get say, one game day to do this before the game boots your "soul" out...

Quote from: "uberjazz"I wish that once you died, you could instantly walk around in a corporeal ghost form, with unlimited stamina and invincible, but not able to interact with anything, no emotes, says, anything, so that you can see and log the immediate reaction to your death..maybe you get say, one game day to do this before the game boots your "soul" out...

Hmm, could be potentially too sensitive - if you're assassinated for political reasons that your character is not aware of, and then your character's ghost hears your killer say something like, "Hah, take that on behalf of Lord Hardnose" or whatever, then regardless of the fact that you're dead, the player is going to know who was behind it.

It would add closure, I agree - but personally I think it's more fun not to know sometimes.  Life's short (often), brutal (usually) and death is unsatisfying (always).  It all adds to the atmosphere.  :wink:
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." - Will Durant

I don't wanna die...I want to live so long that I die of a natural cause...like a heart attack...or old age...

Sorry guys but I have to be the sap here, every character I play is a true blue ranger, and a good soul. And the best ways I can remember dying is protecting someone that my character loved, there is nothing like falling in the heat of glorious combat defending that one person that meant everything to your character.
ou can not trust anything that bleeds for five days and dose not die.

What means HRPT?
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

Highly Recommended Playing Time.

Politics best embodies the manner in which I wish that which causes me to die to be birthed from. From the art of politics flowers all manners of reasons for another's death, and I welcome any death that is required due to fatidious roleplay and maze-like political descisions.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Thanks. Definitely HRPT then!  :D
Do you know what you're doing, man?"
"Why should that stop me?"

Assassination due to political means!

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"Politics best embodies the manner in which I wish that which causes me to die to be birthed from. From the art of politics flowers all manners of reasons for another's death, and I welcome any death that is required due to fatidious roleplay and maze-like political descisions.

It took me a good five minutes to understand this first sentence...

Yeah...I structured it wrong. Shoulda said whence, or whense, rather than...hold on, there's an edit button.

Assassination always makes feel special.  I figure if I pissed someone off enough to go out and pay someone to kill me, then I must be doing a good job and should play more characters like that.

I chose magick as my favorite way to die.  None of my character's have ever died from magick, though a handful were attacked by it.

What can I say?  I don't like dying.
Back from a long retirement

STD - so I guess that would fall under poison.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Well, I don't have a favorite way to die. It could be the coolest death of ArmageddonMUD and I would be randomly pissed because I loved my character. However, since I have had about three PCs that have died due to falling into a hole/cave/cliff I'll vote for the long way down option and pray that none of my future PCs die from the same thing such as that.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

F
A
L
L
I
N
G

I
S

F
U

SPLAT
I've been away from Zalanthas for some time, but I still think you all are kank shit. Don't worry, I'll come back and fix it up. By the way, has anyone found, like, water? This desert is getting old.

I must agree that falling has claimed two of my best characters. However, with my present char I seem to have finally overcome my fear of falling ....

I've fallen a number of times, and I have never died from it. I am Superman.

That's because you've never gotten high and just wandered off.

The cliffs are out there ..... and they're out to get YOU!

Quote from: "The7DeadlyVenomz"I've fallen a number of times, and I have never died from it. I am Superman.

Do you guys have newfie jokes in the states?

Quote from: "uberjazz"Do you guys have newfie jokes in the states?
If you mean Newbie...

em prepares to make a devestating newbie joke about ~uberjazz

newfie

Newfoundland.

Even though they found it a fuckload of years ago.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Sort of like Novaya Zemlya? Located north of Russia/Siberia - who the fuck lives there? Yakuts? Perhaps.

God.. I loved it when I fell like thirty stories.. and saw the same room desc every room so it didn't look like I was falling.. :)
Then I landed.. after pushing up like 40 times.. and nver found my way back out :)
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

If you had a snorkel and three tampons you coud find a way out, but no one thinks ahead.

I've fallen many, many times.  I only died twice, both times I was injured before the fall.  I've fallen and passed out lots of times though, so I could have died if anyone had been trying to kill me.  Tip: when going on an underground mission with a Templar, do not use the coded follow command, just follow them manually.  Templars are impatient folk, who won't wait for everyone to get their ropes secured before jumping in.  ;)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Tip: when going on an underground mission with a Templar, do not use the coded follow command, just follow them manually.  Templars are impatient folk, who won't wait for everyone to get their ropes secured before jumping in.  ;)
I saw something like this happen once...it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  Thirty or so people fall down a hole and about 2/3 of them were knocked unconscious.  Hilarious I tell you.

Personally, I just checked the vote and it looks like assassination is (so far) the preferred way to die...myself, I prefer some closure, and a well-done assassination leaves the dead person wondering what the fuck happened.  I have suspicions about one of my assassination deaths...but no verification...hence, no closure.  My most favorite death was a failed assassination that was later ended by my character's best friend and a friend of that person that got all tied up in it.  Closure.  It was politics, though, and not just an assassination out of the blue...I KNOW why I was assassinated that time...even though some of the listed reasons for the assassination were completely fabricated.

That's the long way of saying that I prefer the political deaths.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Politics I choose for my answer, however, the coolest death I ever had was this.

I was a bynner, and we were heading home from the north. Well, a group of gith jumped us and we all got fucked up bad. We fled in all directions, and panicking, like I used to do in Situations where I was dying, I decided to "run" To allanak. Must to my dis-satisfaction, I ran out of movements. So here is a 33 day old warrior, no water, food, kank, and surrounding him in all directions, two spaces away are gith. So I began to prepare myself for the coming slaughter. Just as I got prepared a group of four gith came in from all directions, YES, 16 gith. I awaited for death but it never happened. The Gith started to communicate and form a circle around me. If any of you have done the football drill where one guy is in the middle of the circle and everyone rushes at him, well Imagine that with each gith throwing spears at me and laughing. It was an awesome and satisfying death.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.