Rooftops!

Started by JollyGreenGiant, January 09, 2004, 03:12:01 PM

Not sure where else to put this, but I for one would like to see more rooftops, accessible at various points throughout the two cities.  I can think of at least one place I've seen a few rooftops, but it'd be nifty if you could avoid the law by taking to the roofs.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I agree...there are only a few, and they aren't that useful.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I agree it would be cool, but it would be a problem logistically speaking, at least in my mind, to find a way to do that while still keeping order over the playerbase in Allanak.

A bunch of elves hurling poisoned spears down at every noble that walks by is my first concern.

Hmm.  I'd considered the possibility of people using them for ambushes, but hadn't considered the probability of people abusing them.  I guess like CRW said, nifty, but not really feasible.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I would really like to see people able to get onto rooftops. Especially atop the tenements in New Tuluk. Whats more, I see nothing wrong with throwing spears down from atop a building. The pc guards might then have something to do. Find a way up and try to chase them down, things like this. Would be a place where the guards could actually initiate a fight against a threat without militia breaking it up.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I've used the roof tops to escape the law.

You just need to figure out how.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "CRW"A bunch of elves hurling poisoned spears down at every noble that walks by is my first concern.

You can't throw weapons at people from the rooftops unless you are hovering in the air somehow.  The only directions accessible from a rooftop, generally speaking, are north, south, east, and west -- all of which are either another section of rooftop or in mid air.

Yeah. What Petra said. That and if someone COULD throw DOWN from the rooftop you can also throw/shoot up at them. That'd be funny to see some would be assassin tumbling down after being killed by his own spear.

Creeper would like to see more rooftops, or more functionality with rooftops. They are handy at times.
21sters Unite!

I'm imagining a whole 'rooftop city' in both Allanak and Tuluk.. that'd be a lot of work, but damn would it rock... hidden exits to the rooftops, balconies becoming more than just a neat luxury to look out from but a possible security breach as well..

Trying to get from one end of the city without being seen by soldiers, hitting the streets only when necessary, running from roof to roof.. yeah, that'd be cool.

Rooftops and lots more dark alleyways, while we're at it. Shortcuts that you could take if you really wanted to, but that wouldn't really be -safe- to take..

A chance to 'slip' and fall off the roof.

I would like to see having the climb skill being beneficial in several areas on the rooftops, like getting from one level of the roofs to a higher level maybe.. but wouldn't be completely necessary, it would just limit you if you weren't good at climbing.

Maybe you can even jump across narrow streets to the other side? Of course, this would have a high chance of you falling.

Roofs along streets should have the echo code in them, so that someone can see the people walking along the streets.

Also, here is a perfect way to implement jump, via the use of room scripting.

QuoteA dark rooftop [NSEW]
This rooftop belongs to a crumbling old building. Via planks of wood and other things, it connects to other rooftop, creating a vast web of rooves.

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]
Below: The brawny half-giant giggles at a tiny girl.

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]
Below: A tiny girl glances up and down the street before looking up at the brawny half-giant.

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]look west
To the west is above Templar's Way, and on the other side of the road is A dark rooftop.
Near: Nothing

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]west
Do you really want to go west? You will have to jump.

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]em looks westwards doubtfully, scratching his sandcloth-covered head
The young, sharp-eyed elf looks westwards doubtfully, scratching his sandcloth-covered head.

[Byron|104/104|333/333|101/101|sirihish|walking]west
You jump west, towards a dark rooftop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[Grothi|334/334|221/230|250/250|sirihish|walking]
Above the street: Someone jumps from A dark rooftop towards A dark rooftop.

[Grothi|334/334|221/230|250/250|sirihish|walking]look up
Above is Above Templar's Way.
Near: Nothing.

[Grothi|334/334|221/230|250/250|sirihish|walking]think Hmmm..Grothi no like that...think he see shadows.
You think: Hmmm..Grothi no like that...think he see shadows.

[Grothi|334/334|221/230|250/250|sirihish|walking]em hurriedly nods at ~girl and scurries off down the street.
The brawny half-giant hurriedly nods at a tiny girl and scurries off down the street.

[Grothi|334/334|221/230|250/250|sirihish|walking]south
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Also, it might make the guards have to take into account what route to take. Shit no Lord fancypants, that alley is a perfect place for elves to throw poison spears at us. We are going through the wide road, far away from any roofs.

Silly.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]