Monks!

Started by amish overlord, December 28, 2003, 05:28:46 PM

Hopefully not too Ic don't think so myself. I remember noticing a npc wandering around tuluk called a monk. What is he a monk of if anything? Usuaully monky gives me this image of something religious, like a christian monk or some kung fu tai chi fighter guy. What are these monks in the new tuluk? I remember way back years agom they use to be in the old tuluk as well. Is he a monk of Muk or something else?

Amish overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Yes. I wondered that myself, and more than once.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

In the bad old days before Tuluk fell there used to be monk NPCs, garbed in orange robes which reminded me of the saffron robes worn by Buddhist monks.  I don't think at the time anyone expanded on what a Tuluki monk really is (though with their revival perhaps someone has and isn't saying).  I suspect they're just beggars practicing theosophy with Muk Utep as their figurehead.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to light the monk in question on fire?
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Seconded.
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

QuoteA man who is a member of a brotherhood living in a monastery and devoted to a discipline prescribed by his order

Well. Although I don't know where the NPC comes from or his background, but a monk doesn't have to include religion or fighting. The wording of the monk probably shouldn't be there but he's probably some member of some group with strict rules and the such. Who knows.

I'd say someone bug/typo/whatever it. As if it states he's a monk in his sdesc it's probably something thats not really noticeble by looking at them like a soldier or templar or anything else.

Creeper

EDIT: "Monk! I need a monk!"
21sters Unite!