Doesn't it give you chills...

Started by amish overlord, December 28, 2003, 04:26:26 PM

What would be the point?  Half the men in the game now are already at least 6' 5".  :roll:  After all, a human can be up to 6' 6" without a special app, and what guy wants to be short?  

Don't forget elves.  They can't be less than 6'2" and can get up to 7'6" without being remarkable.  If Zalanthas had basketball nearly all the players would be elves.  Basketballs and basketball uniforms are light, so their low strength wouldn't be an issue.  Who would have guessed that elves could actually be good for something?  :P

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I don't know. All the sports I've seen so far have used dwarves for balls. I don't think elves could dribble and shoot dwarves very well.

Also... Anyone with weight would probably just shove the light weight elves around. I'm sure they wouldn't be TOO big on rules.

Gosh.

Creeper thinks elves wouldn't last in a game of street ball.
21sters Unite!

The slinky, tattooed elf attemps to grab the stout, hairy dwarf and fails!

The stout, hairy dwarf lets out a loud rumbling laugh, roughly shoving the slinky, tattooed elf onto the ground with a toothy grin.

The slinky, tattooed elf sneers, springing quickly to his feet as he tugs briefly on his left earlobe.

The tall, tattooed elf springs from the shadows, rushing the stout, hairy dwarf.
The pierced, tattooed elf springs from the shadows, rushing the stout, hairy dwarf.
The slim, tattooed elf springs from the shadows, rushing the stout, hairy dwarf.

The slinky, tattooed elf snickers softly.

I think elves would do just fine in a game of street ball.   8)

The whole basketball idea is really much more amusing when it stars half-giants.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

This topic went from sand-raptors to street ball.... What a world
uppers.

Half-giants are even taller than elves, they can certainly win in a power game, and I don't think getting a little ball through a little hoop is beyond their skill level.  

The problem is going to be equipment mainenance.  How many balls are they going to burst in a single game?  How many hoops are gonna get squashed beyond all recognition by stumbling giants?  After all, the hoop is going to be, what, shoulder height on 'em?  And I don't think there are any shoes being made today (much less with Zalanthan technology) that could prevent half giants from damamging the gym floor.  Even getting two full teams onto the playing surface could be a problem, there isn't going to be much room to manuver, and the fans in the bleachers will be in mortal danger.  

Better to use elves.  Sure, the they'll rob you blind at the ticket booth, but so do human sports teams.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Hmm.  Half-giant football.

Meep!
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Heh. These posts sure did take a turn in the wrong direction. :D
oy what the fonk you want? Big Worm

The wild-eyed, mohawked halfling fakes left, then ducks right, charging as he dribbles between the massive, slash-marked half-giant's legs.

The massive, slash-marked half-giant blinks in confusion, looking around for the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling.

Ball rhythmically hitting the floor, the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling continues across the court, spinning and diving between a clumsy horde of awkward half-giants.

A thunderous crash sounds as the blue-eyed, portly half-giant dives towards the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling, missing and landing chest first on the court floor as the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling leaps backwards.

Taking two large steps, then leaping, the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling lands upon the blue-eyed, portly half-giant's back, then spins and launches himself at the hip of the massive, slash-marked half-giant.

With expert timing, the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling springs off of the massive, slash-marked half-giant, tossing the ball into the air as he does, so as to grip the right arm of the bald, one-eyed half-giant with both hands.

The wild-eyed, mohawked halfling quickly scales the arm of the bald, one-eyed half-giant, perches on the shoulder, catches the ball, and then leaps towards the hoop.

With a deviant smirk and a huge flourish, the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling deposits the ball within the hoop, one hand clasping the side of the hoop, the other waving gleefully to the roaring crowd.

The horde of psyched up half-giants, un-aware that the goal has been scored, proceed to rush and trample the wild-eyed, mohawked halfling.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "flashz00"Heh. These posts sure did take a turn in the wrong direction. :D

Muahahah!  I take credit for this one...
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

QuoteAnd I don't think there are any shoes being made today (much less with Zalanthan technology) that could prevent half giants from damamging the gym floor. Even getting two full teams onto the playing surface could be a problem, there isn't going to be much room to manuver, and the fans in the bleachers will be in mortal danger.

Hmm... Low technology, likely the floors aren't going to be fitted wood that gives and such like modern floors. It'll probably be solid rock or something similar, and well... It'd be Zalanthan basketball, certainly can have much larger courts... But even with a normal earth sized court you coud probably fit full teams of half giants on it with room to move around. And you know... There can be massive beasts in the arena, but your afraid of spectators being hurt in a game of ball? Psh.

See... I'm thinking just have it in a gladiator arena. Just some large mix of modern games. Although I don't think elves would be that great... They may be quicker then everyone else but when a dwarf, halfgiant or even a human ends up smushing them... Well they'll more likely to go out fairly quickly.

Yeap yeap.

Creeper
21sters Unite!