View item

Started by Tamarin, December 28, 2003, 01:31:09 AM

This may have come up before, and I think it should be addressed.

When buying a weapon, you do view # <item number> before buying, correct?  This -doesn't- say what type of weapon it is...I know, in most cases its obvious, but three times now, I have bought two weapons of an identical short description, -and- long description, only to discover that one is a stab and one is a slash...

I tell you....where is the justice??  Maybe this is just a bug or something, or maybe its not possible, but why not just add that bit of information to the view command?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Please use the typo command to address consistency issues like this.  (And perhaps the "idea" command for your idea about showing the nature of a weapon with the view command).  :)

Thanks,
 X

If it is a poking weapon, but you are not sure if it is stabbing or peircing, there is a way to tell.  When you view the item if it can be used for skinning than it is a stabby weapon, if not it is just piercing.  Chopping weapons can also be used for skinning, but you should be able to tell the difference between a stabbing weapon and a chopping weapon.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

No...

This was a weird case.

Both were anakore claw knives.

One was stab/skin/sheath, etc...

The other was...unremargable...

And ended up being a slash weapon for some reason.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]