Half-giant short description

Started by Callisto, December 16, 2003, 03:47:41 AM

Let's be honest. The word mul looks cool. It looks short, straight to the point, and devoid of anything pretty. So, were half-giants to be called Giants and half-elves Breeds or Halfer or Mutt or something, I think we would all be able to agree with that. That said, I am not at all adverse to the current way of things. I like them. To me, personally, everything is koshure.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The problem with calling things half-human. Is whats the other half?

Most of the players of Armageddon are most likely humans. Things that we read should be OOCily understandable by players. One of the reasons we are typing English and reading English instead of learning how to read/write Sirihish, Allundean ... and all the other languages.

Going of of that, if you read half-elf. The half ussually means it's also part human. It makes since to that. Most likely, in Sirihish, half-elf could very well be just halfbreed or some other word, who knows. In Allundean they probably call them half-humans. As in elven society it'd make since that the other half would be elf, but either way, they mean the same thing and translate to half-elf in English.

Basically, this relates to this, and everything else. Most likely if you don't see something on screen there is a chance it's not going to be responded to, or you can assume it's not happening to your character even if it's common, BUT just because you READ it on screen, doesn't mean it can be directly tossed to your character. Just the simple fact that you are reading in English should be reason enough to assume everything you see doesn't necessarily mean your character knows exactly the same as you on the situation.
21sters Unite!

We are arguing semantics here...we are all human, as creeper said.  We refer to something half elf and half human as a half-elf, because we can assume the other half is human.  Now, this term is an English term.  Our characters aren't speaking English.  Keep that in mind.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.