Containers....

Started by ashjpd, December 14, 2003, 11:37:54 PM

The answer to "would the code be hard to write?" has already been answered, albeit in somewhat technical fashion. It's a non-trivial fix required, probably more work than you'd need for say, secret emote. If we got to vote on priorities, I know which way my vote would go :twisted:.

And theebie, as you failed to answer any questions from coders, and seemed not to have understood any of the issues involved, I doubt you'll ever be allowed to touch the code.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

I imagine at the very least they would need to go through and add a new flag to every object that can or cannot be containers and liquid holders.  I don't really see a point.  There are extremely few items I can think of that would realisticly hold both liquid and solid objects.  I think the simple answer is that it just isn't worth anyone's time to code.  I can think of a million other things I can see then a handful of lquid/solid containers.

Quote from: "Rindan"I think the simple answer is that it just isn't worth anyone's time to code.  I can think of a million other things I can see then a handful of lquid/solid containers.
Here here.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "Rindan"I think the simple answer is that it just isn't worth anyone's time to code.  I can think of a million other things I can see then a handful of lquid/solid containers.
Here here.

so name me five please :)

QuoteSo name five

- Upgrades to the combat code (this should actually count for about 20, but let's just call it one for the sake of argument).

- Reharshifying the desert with less uber NPCs, but more intelligent, poisonous, or otherwise NPCs that can be avoided by rangers but are rough on warriors.

-  Finish up the wagon code that only got half done.

-  Brewing (alcohol) craft skill

- Fixing hide/sneak so it works against all NPCs, and not just non-aggressive NPCs.

- Retool cloth working so that it is possible to make low end items using low end low cost materials.

• Turning the existing brew skill into a crafting skill.
  • Adding crafting recipes for more existing items.
  • Allow for items to be packed on a mount without having to use the mount command.
  • Implement a decay system for food.
  • Create a system allowing for PC tattoo artists.
  • hemote.
  • Update the existing trade system to allow for mass purchases at the bartered-for price.
And I certainly could think of more if I had the time.  The compelling reason to be able to stuff some rocks in a water gourd eludes me.  I'd much rather have any of the changes above.

Fix bandaging.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Well, that's more than five that all seem more important to me.  Any questions?

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yah..
I didn't realize there were that many other things to fix. I just put that there, so it could be looked into and see if it was possible. It couldn't hurt right??? Or did it.

Thanks  for your posts guys.
uppers.

Quote from: "spawnloser"Well, that's more than five that all seem more important to me.  Any questions?

no,no :) actually i do agree with you, that filling something into a waterskin might no be high priority.

i just wanted to see some reactions of the people around here. since there are lots of things to do (i mean, hemote, since when do people want that?
must be ages ?)

i just wonder which concepts/things discussed here are actually implemented (and is there a way for no-stuff members to actually do some of the code-stuff?)

---threebie---

Quote from: "theebie"(i mean, hemote, since when do people want that?
must be ages ?)

i just wonder which concepts/things discussed here are actually implemented (and is there a way for no-stuff members to actually do some of the code-stuff?)
People have wanted a 'hide emote' or 'stealth emote' for a while now.

I remember several things discussed here that went into the code.

I don't know of the staff allowing random player handling of the code done by anyone that isn't an IMM.