Can you sap a non humanoid?

Started by jmordetsky, December 14, 2003, 07:50:01 PM

Sap being a strike to the head usually employeed by a thug, can this be used against an animal?

Would it be in good taste?
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I imagine it depends on the animal, the size of the creature, and their natural armor.

Cracking a tregil over the head might be smarter than trying to sap, say, a mekillot.

I think its perfectly fine to say, thinking that your going to try and knock them out in one hit. If combats already started you can try and knock the out too.
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

I'd agree with Delirium.  If you can reach and find their head to give it a sound knocking, more power to you.

To answer your question in Ask the Staff, it's impossible to sap while you're fighting someone.  However, if your friend is being attacked, it's possible to slap his opponant around for him.

Quote from: "jmordetsky"Sap being a strike to the head usually employeed by a thug, can this be used against an animal?

Would it be in good taste?

Yes and yes.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?