Irregular repair costs

Started by , December 14, 2003, 03:56:57 PM

Say you have some piece of armor that regularly gets beaten down to used.
You take it to the armor NPC to have it fixed.

Assuming that its damaged about the same. Why does it cost you 5 sids to get it repaired sometimes and 70 sids to get it repaired another time?

Probably because you're assuming it's damaged about the same.

Used doesn't mean "damaged in the exact same place, to the exact same extent, as the last time it got damaged."

Also, consider if you're bringing the repair shop a bunch of things at a time to be fixed. If you're being charged 70 sids when you're giving them a breastplate, a helm, a pauldron, a set of greaves, and a shield, then maybe she's charging you extra because you're trying to hold up business for other customers and that's gonna cost you extra.

I don't know if that's what you're doing or not, but it's something to take into consideration.

I once had something repaired for 82 sid that would only sell for 5.  My PC did a "SAY WHAT?!"

I've run into anomalies with the tailor/repair code quite a few times. Sometimes I'll bring them things, and it'll end up costing double then what my character has been told.. other times it'll end up costing 5 coins instead of 105.

Insanity.

well sometimes.. they may not have the material you need in a great amount and have to charge more because they have less of that..
And then sometimes they don't like you and charge more.. or they have a lot of people that day and are getting tired of it?
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

How about, this, at least one of the repair npc's is BROKE.

Maybe this maybe that, no, broke, does not work as intended. If I can take 2 of the exact same stock items bought from the same store at the same time, offer them to the tailor and get a message of, 0 hours and 5 coins, then come back in an hour and it's not done, then 5 hours,one is done, but for a cost of 32 coins and the other is still not done, 21 game hours and it is finally done and costs 125 coins, then there is something wrong.

And I'm betting I know what it is too, I bet the repair npc's price with the value skill and when you offer the item it is valued then the price and time is given, when you return the ticket, it is valued again and you are charged the price that goes with that value, unfortunatly the npc has a very poor value skill. Or something very close to that.

Likly it simply works on the weight of the item through value with a conversion, May even take into account the pc's size who is getting it tailored, Or maybe when you offer the item it does not take that into account but when you return the ticket, it does.....hhhhmmm. Funny thing is, I've also had the npc say 18 hours and 105 coins, come back 2 hours later and it charged 5 coins...though that is quite rare.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job