npc gambling

Started by Anonymous, December 13, 2003, 09:59:51 PM

Is it possible to play any of the games at the tembo's tooth with the npcs? If so, how?

I think the only way to tell is if you >look <npc>.

If it is indeed possible to play their game, you will receive instructions on how to do so. This has been my experience, at least.

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"I think the only way to tell is if you >look <npc>.

If it is indeed possible to play their game, you will receive instructions on how to do so. This has been my experience, at least.

That is only true some of the time.  You can also try 'talk NPCs_name topics'.  Of course, a pretty sure fire way to see if they can bet it try and bet.  'bet' with no arguments often produces a response, or try 'bet 20' to bet 20 'sid.

Another one of those things some people might think "find out IC" is good for, but isn't.

I typoed or bugged or idead this already in the tembo's tooth. The woman in the eastern room does offer gambling, but there's no "help bet" or "help game" command, and "talk woman topics" doesn't result in anything, and "talk woman game/games" results in nothing as well. I have absolutely no idea what the game is, or what it takes to win/lose it, but I do know you can bet on it and win or lose. I even tried to look at the gaming table, thinking it would show me some kind of game description. Nada.

Simply "bet 20" and you'll get the results.

QuoteAnother one of those things some people might think "find out IC" is good for, but isn't.

say (curiously) Say, there any betting going on at the Tembo's tooth?

Quote from: "CRW"
QuoteAnother one of those things some people might think "find out IC" is good for, but isn't.

say (curiously) Say, there any betting going on at the Tembo's tooth?

The description of the room shows betting.  I believe the NPC in question's ldesc says she's a dealer.  But there's no indication of what the game is or how to play.  Not everyone plays at peak hours.  I think it's ridiculous to expect those that don't to go around ignorant because they can't find a PC to ask what should be as clear as the game in front of their face.

And if someone did ask, they'd likely get laughed at ICly for being fucking blind and unable to see that which is right in front of them.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.