Wonder / Imagine

Started by Veselka, July 28, 2024, 06:54:14 AM

Similar to the new "remember" command, adding the ability to "wonder" and "imagine".

You wonder what Amos meant by that.

You imagine a palace of crystal floating in the sky.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

This has been suggested before - would really love an imagine command.

'think I wonder if...' is a good replacement for wonder, but you have to get a bit more creative to squeeze the equivalent of 'imagine' into a think.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Sure, why not
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Also, put the "dream" effect of having thinks when you sleep into this instead. Because it's hard to convey what you're dreaming about effectively with the current dream code.

I feel like wonder is definitely thoughts? But imagine would be a cool addition alongside remember. Dream could probably do a spruce up too, so the format is more like remember. Although, you can use 'remember' whilst asleep and it gives you a better format for dream.

Quote from: Usiku on July 30, 2024, 06:05:21 AMI feel like wonder is definitely thoughts? But imagine would be a cool addition alongside remember. Dream could probably do a spruce up too, so the format is more like remember. Although, you can use 'remember' whilst asleep and it gives you a better format for dream.

Yeah, it would just be basically cool to use any sort of descriptors possible...Imagine, wonder, think, feel, dream. Personally, it helps me really get into my PC with think and feel, and then it's just a little immersion breaking to write weird sentences around imagine/wonder etc. Obviously not the end of the world, just a nice thing if it were possible!

I'm reminded that we're the only RPI (that i'm aware of) that has internal dialogue as a possibility, when I tried a few others it was SORELY lacking and missing from my RP, and solo RP is one of my jams.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

These seem like 1:1 copies of existing commands, just with some strings changed, so - pretty please?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"