"Create, Corrupt, Destroy"

The ABCs of...

Armageddon: Betrayal, Corruption, Domination

Some alternative Ds: Devotion, Defiance

ArmageddonMUD: Death is only the Beginning
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

Quote from: Eurynomos on June 02, 2024, 07:26:49 AMArmageddonMUD: Death is only the Beginning
Please let the season bring on a zombie horde or skeletons or liches!
Death is only the beginning...

Obsidian, blood and oppression.

Armageddon

"Stories Scrawled in the Sand"

Much like sand art (or sand mandalas if you prefer), everything can come and go. Every experience in and of Armageddon is transitory and we should never forget it.

"Death, Disaster, and Darkness"

You could theme these by season. Coming back to read up on this season, I noticed there's a LOT of darkness/death suggestions vaguely mixed into events that happened, between the Tablelands, the Grey Forest, and so on until now. Going forward, staff could theme these in a way that's perhaps suggestive of whatever overarching plots they might have been focusing on for the season. Of course that doesn't prevent you from doing anything, but still.

"Apocalyptic Adventures Written in the Moments"

More general and welcoming to new people without much thought. It draws attention to one of the things which MUDs always captured to me and makes it so addictive but Armageddon did a unique job of. Any random moment might be death, but sometimes, because you burned the scrab meat you and another buddy nearly died for, a story exists. Whole stories exist as every moment actively, collaboratively written. Not truly planned, but just experienced and intricate by its very nature.

Quote from: Eurynomos on June 02, 2024, 07:26:49 AMArmageddonMUD: Death is only the Beginning

The Aetherials from Grim Dawn would like to speak to you pertaining to your car(casse)'s extended warranty. Also, that would be a cool Nilazi idea.

my riff of an entry:

Blood on the sands
A boot on your back
The history of those who survived
and last moments of those who died

ArmageddonMUD:
Tales of Sand and Blood
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

ArmageddonMUD: Spice, Vice and Artifice
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

June 06, 2024, 06:56:08 PM #60 Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 07:56:17 PM by Dresan
I propose: Treachery, Scarcity, Brutality

Within the unforgiving land of Zalanthas, what are you willing to do to survive?

Treachery is an defining theme of this world. This isn't a setting where you can trust easily or freely. Most people are often looking out for themselves, or their own selfish interests and will sell family into slavery to survive. Whether its your friends or your rulers, people will lie and will try to take advantage of you, those that don't are often fools that you'll take advantage of yourself.

Scarcity is often the driving force for many in this setting. The world faces severe scarcity of water, food, and metal. The setting is a desert where everything you need to survive is hard to get. This makes the divide between the haves and have nots even more grotesque. You can die from getting stuck outside the walls without enough water.

Brutality is the main pillar of the world. In this setting, being beaten within an inch of your life and being left naked in the desert is a form of mercy. Torture, slavery and other indignities are as common as the sand itself. The moment you step into the game, whether it be from a person or an animal your character may be brutalized physically, mentally, spiritually and will someday die under the brutal merciless sun.

ArmageddonMUD: Choose Thy Fate

hehe

(from the login screen)
Eurynomos
Senior Storyteller
ArmageddonMUD Staff

1.    "Survive the Desolation, Thrive in the Shadows."
    2.    "Where Legends Battle the Apocalypse."
    3.    "Forge Your Fate in a World on the Brink."
    4.    "Chaos Awaits: Rise from the Ashes."
    5.    "The End is Here. How Will You Survive?"
    7.    "In the Darkness, Only the Ruthless Survive."
    8.    "Embrace the End. Conquer the Void."
    9.    "Where Hope Fades, Power Emerges."
    10.    "Beyond Despair Lies Your Destiny."
    11.    "In the Shadows of Doom, Legends are Forged."
    12.    "Survival is Just the Beginning. Domination is the Goal."
    13.    "Out of the Ashes, Into the Abyss."

I asked an AI to review the game website and offer some new taglines.
"Survive, Scheme, Conquer"
"Desert of Deceit and Destiny"
"Endure, Deceive, Dominate"
"Struggle, Intrigue, Triumph"
"Chaos, Cunning, Survival"

If I could be bothered to use my human intelligence, I might suggest:
"Immerse in Adventure"
"Stories of Defiance and Survival"
"Your destiny is written in the sand"

And a silly suggestion:
"In the desert, everyone can hear you scream"
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

*movie trailer voice begins*

In a world of where ... <stabstabstab>

Somewhere in the desert halfway to that black-stone Outpost, the spice began to take hold.

..., not even you will remember if we were good men or bad. All that will be remembered is that here, few stood against many.  All I ask,.. grant me revenge!

How do you make an Armageddon? 
Take a finger of Conan mixed with one of Heavy Metal, with some bitter Dune, a dash of Game of Thrones, and garnished with a hint of Survivor.   Set if on fire and drink.
Its the kind of cocktail that becomes a one way trip.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Because Halaster mentioned Bonkers on Discord it made me quote the theme song for the tagline if we can pay Dizzee Rascal the royalties.

Some people pay for thrills
But I get mine for free
Man, I'm just livin' my life
There's nothin' crazy about me

Bonkers

All I care about is sex and violence
A heavy bass line is my kind of silence
Everybody says that I got to get a grip
But I let sanity give me the slip
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

This is now closed, thank you for your submissions.  Staff will take a couple of days to pick the top 4 or 5, then we'll open it for a vote to everyone.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev