Are you ready?

Started by Cowboy, May 26, 2024, 09:22:25 PM

I have gotten my husband to agree to taking our toddlers on launch day. I'M READY!

In a brainless moment, I made plans to go out of town on June 15.  It wasn't until a few days later that I realized my silly mistake, and rescheduled those plans.  So I'm ready.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Usiku on May 31, 2024, 07:25:09 AMI have gotten my husband to agree to taking our toddlers on launch day. I'M READY!
I took the day off work lol

I'll be out of town on the motorcycles. Ah well.

Three roles submitted (kinda)   :-X . I hope everyone that has ever played a rock star in any of this round of role calls puts in a solid app! Good luck to everyone lets make this a really great relaunch!
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Halaster on May 31, 2024, 08:37:04 AMIn a brainless moment, I made plans to go out of town on June 15.  It wasn't until a few days later that I realized my silly mistake, and rescheduled those plans.  So I'm ready.

Ill be a memorial for my Dad the 15th-22nd. Hopefully I will be forgiven to be a little late to the party.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

What time is it starting?

Quote from: FamousAmos on June 02, 2024, 12:11:28 PMWhat time is it starting?

Week of June 15th its in the new newsletter!https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60419.msg1103559/topicseen.html#msg1103559

June 1st - applications for rolecalls and specapps are open in the request tool
June 7th - Applications close,
June 7th - 10th - Staff make decisions
June 10th to June 13th - Set up of leadership roles
June 13th & 14th - Session Zero for sponsored roles
June 15th - Game launches

Will the "Chronology of the Known World" be updated when the game opens?
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Quote from: Cowboy on June 02, 2024, 07:43:59 PMWill the "Chronology of the Known World" be updated when the game opens?

Yeah
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Bast on June 02, 2024, 12:19:19 PM
Quote from: FamousAmos on June 02, 2024, 12:11:28 PMWhat time is it starting?

Week of June 15th its in the new newsletter!https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60419.msg1103559/topicseen.html#msg1103559

June 1st - applications for rolecalls and specapps are open in the request tool
June 7th - Applications close,
June 7th - 10th - Staff make decisions
June 10th to June 13th - Set up of leadership roles
June 13th & 14th - Session Zero for sponsored roles
June 15th - Game launches
Yes, but the actual time the game launches

Whenever Halaster wakes up that day probably.

I am ready to give the game one more chance after giving up on it several years ago.

I am mostly curious whether the story and lore of this game will become more accessible to all instead of being restricted to a select few favored people. For all its faults, the story of the the girl becoming a sorcerer Queen was the only lore I didn't have to gleam from Dark Sun manuals or read on some shadow forum or find on reddit.

Quite the eye opener to read that while my character got hassled by staff for not solo emoting enough while using peek and forage skills, certain others are complaining their high karma and/sponsored roles that are already enjoying customs stories and quests were not getting 'enough' promotions, benefits, power and skills.  My time is too limited to continue to support this level of disparity in the game experience.

But I'm hopeful and curious so will push aside my doubts and give it a solid go at the game again when it opens.  :)

I'm paralyzed by my different interests and concern with over-committing or under-committing . The changes to the game world and the relative centralization of season technically speaking pushed out most of the areas of the most interest to me personally, but that also means I have to acknowledge that these different areas that I wouldn't have had that interest in, I need to try to figure out something that draws me in.

I'm stuck in a rut looking at role calls and rolling around ideas, and also curious about the two "secret" clans alluded to that aren't the PC tavern and how exactly they're selecting players for those. Maybe it's a purely IC recruitment thing that will happen in game and they've suggested that somewhere and I missed it.

Just everything at once, in a way that makes me appreciate and also loathe the wait until season starts. Anyone else experiencing the paralysis?

I have my one character I put some thought into.

Beyond that, I'm going to let things roll out in game. If they die? I'm not treating Seasons differently than anything previous in that I will roll up a Bynner. Or a soldier. I will pick a "job" and play a character who has that job, and see where that job takes him.

Unfortunately, I keep trying to achieve the job of "professional wrestler" and its real difficult to get a stable started.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.