Dressess

Started by sacac, December 06, 2003, 09:25:18 PM

Ok.. I have one problem... Dressess Shoulder cover the torso and legs..
Because right now.. it looks like I'm walking around in a cloak and boots..
So Would it be at all possible for it to do that?
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

That would limit everyone else severely. If it covered the legs, you wouldn't be able to wear leggings or stockings.

Your cloak covers whatever you wear underneath it. Just like in real life, if you wore a full-length coat, no one would see the flouncy mini-dress under it.

And if your cloak is shorter than your dress, no one would know if it was a dress or a skirt.

In fact, I kinda get annoyed that my anklet is visible when I have my boots on. The boots go up the calf, it makes no sense at all that anyone should be able to see the anklet just by looking at me.

Ok thanks Bestatte.. That sounds about right.
I'll just RP around it :)
Oh.. But one last thing.. It says it goes down to my ankles.. but noone else sees it.. that my only problem.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

All they'd see then, is the last few inches of it. They'd still have no idea if it was a dress, or a skirt, or even just a pretty length of cloth draped over your hips.

Emote it. :)

emo saunters across the room, the hem of ~dress swishing about her ankles.

I feel your pain.  There are a couple ways to deal with it.

1) Wear something on your legs.  Stockings, an underskirt, or lose the dress and wear a bodice-skirt combination.  Sheer or lacy stockings sort of imply that you are wearing a dress.

2) Take off your cloak.  You can emote hanging it over your arm or the back of your chair.  It makes perfect sense to take off your coat when you go indoors, right?  The downside is that your cloak is easier to steal out of your inventory than when you are wearing it, "hold"ing the cloak might prevent that, but I don't know if cloaks are holdable.  I used to have a going indoors macro that was like:

clean self
 lower hood
 remove veil
 put veil cloak
 remove gloves
 put gloves cloak
 remove cloak

Then another macro for going outdoors that was something like:

wear cloak
 get veil cloak
 wear veil
 get gloves cloak
 wear gloves
 raise hood

That let my character keep her skin out of the weather, and still show off her outfits when she was indoors with people worth impressing.  :P  

It is important to take off your gloves if you are dressed nicely, because that lets people see what rings you are wearing, if any.  Rings are the most reliable way to identify nobles and house merchants.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins