Has anyone else

Started by shadeoux, May 10, 2024, 11:38:58 AM

Read The Amber Enchantress by Troy Denning..

First time reading/listening to the Dark Sun, Prism Pentad. I am certainly enjoying the story, but I am certainly more interested in, why most if not all of Sorcerer Kings seem to be deformed, Part cilops for Tyr's, Neboneys kings son and king too... I wish THAT was more common place monstrosities walking through the cities.
The Sun Runners are badassed drunks, etc..
Sorcery, defiling seems commonplace and not persae openly talked about, is more common that not to me even going as far as having secret societies for them.

I hope we eventually have tales like these!
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

May 10, 2024, 06:59:42 PM #1 Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 07:17:42 PM by lostinspace
I listened to the whole series earlier this year, to answer your question at a very high level, all the sorc. kings are deformed, I believe, because they spent some amount of time near the Pristine Tower, which mutates whatever is in proximity to it.

IDK if the pristine tower or dark lens existed in Arms history, but mutations are completely allowed and common enough that mutants are allowed to own and operate businesses in Nak and Tuluk.
3/21/16 Never Forget