Suggestion: Make it so you earn an extra reroll/reroll undo every 10 days played

Started by AKawaiiBear, April 21, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

Reward longevity over RNG and twinks willing to suicide for good rolls pls

Longevity already comes with so many rewards that if anything, I'd prefer people die sooner, not later.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Or alternatively step into the modern age and remove RNG from character creation like nearly every current day roleplaying game.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

Stats constantly being re-rolled until you're amazing seems weird to me. Feels like a fixed point assignment system is a more natural option if we wanted to abandon RNG.

I don't personally mind the RNG, but it does cater to a throwaway, roll with it mindset.

10 days played is a lot but I do feel like this would result in people sitting around idling for their tri-monthly reroll! Hilariously, it would sometimes wind up with people going from mega strong to unable to wear their armor.

I kind of like this idea just for that, though. In fact, make the reroll mandatory. Major offscreen life event every 10 days played results in new stats.

It's your birthday! You have just turned 24.
You can now hold no more than four limes.

Random rolls would be way OOC for a developed character, IMO.

Alternate suggestion: Be able to trade one stat point for another per every six RL months if if you have played for 10 days played to reflect what your character has been doing over the past three IG years.

Been lifting weights and training every day and getting drunk all night -1 wisdom +1 str or agil.

Former labor slave who is now a desert wanderer? -1 str +1 end

Retired soldier who has shifted to being a Templar's advisor? -1 end +1 wis

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.