Skill gains for players

Started by Pariah, April 19, 2024, 12:14:44 PM

I've dipped my toe in the stolen version of Arm, played it for a bit, Apoc.  They did have some interesting things though.  One I thought I would hate, but actually found refreshing was when you gain in a skill, say you fail at foraging, it will put something like, "You learned something about foraging." (That's not it, but you get the idea.)

Initially I didn't really like it, but as I played a few days, I found it refreshing, I didn't have to go hunt a bunch or fuck around just for the "hope" I might have gotten better at X or Y combat skill, I knew because during my fight with X critter, I saw all the learning ticks for all the skills.  I then went and looked for people to engage with versus needlessly grinding.

Now I know how to advance most skills "realistically" by arm standards too in this game, but I just felt that it was refreshing to know when you hit those gains.

Would that ever be anything we'd see here?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"