All races should be allowed to pick all classes

Started by Lotion, April 19, 2024, 09:55:21 AM

All races should be allowed to pick all classes. The game won't be any worse if in the OOC character sheet of a character can have "Adventurer" and "City Elf" both written on it. Race based class and subclass restrictions are a vestigial design antipattern.

Here are some bad arguments against this idea -> accompanied by refutations
* City Elf Stalker? A city elf shouldn't be allowed to have good outdoor stealth. <- You fool! You can already pick miscreant and then one of the many subguilds which grant the wilderness stealth flag.
* I just can't immerse myself in a character if it's using a race-class combination that used to be forbidden due to an archaic decision made by staff. <- You choose what race and class your character is. You can simply choose to not pick combinations that would ruin your immersion.

So a mul with full-guild ruk elementalist class and lancer sub is fine by you?
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

April 19, 2024, 12:34:25 PM #2 Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:01:36 PM by Lotion
Quote from: Lizzie on April 19, 2024, 11:23:30 AMSo a mul with full-guild ruk elementalist class and lancer sub is fine by you?

Unfortunately the documentation states that the only for a mul to be created is an intentional and systemic act involving a eugenics program which prevents muls from being elementalists, so my opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

I removed a post for a Rule 1 violation. Please debate the idea, rather than attack the person supplying it. Thanks!
"All stories eventually come to an end." - Narci, Fable Singer