Seasons: Nobles Update

Started by Pariah, April 04, 2024, 01:09:52 PM

Quote from: Riev on April 20, 2024, 07:55:29 PMAs I've been playing a lot of Star Wars: Old Republic lately:

Would it be accurate to say that Allanak is akin to the Imperials/Sith?

Much of the lore revolves around a cast of "Lords" of the sith, who have more of a 'pure bloodline' than others (nobles vs commoners). These Lords often fight among one another, plot against themselves, in an attempt to become part of The Dark Council (Red/Black Robes?).

So when I think of Allanaki nobility, I am thinking of someone whose bloodline makes them "better" than a commoner, and thus they may do anything from poisoning a group of slaves "just to see what this new poison does" to hoarding a magickal artifact they think will give them an edge against their superiors.

Honestly, this? Like, they're clearly IC better in that reality than their commoners. It feels and seems like it's a worse way of approximating this to relegating forcing someone to exploit code to get someone locked up than to just acknowledge this IC reality and let them tell one commoner to lock another one up. Unless the commoner in question is GMH family (which is basically noble light anyhow), I don't see why an NPC would put up a fight about hauling just about any commoner PC off. Why not just give it to them rather than force them to exploit the code to do it? You act as though the 10 seconds between you typing 'k amos' and him being subdued and hauled off is going to be long enough /to roleplay/ something, and it's not.

Not that they get, any thing that comes from that will be purely for you, and kind of masturbatory in that sense. Why say it needs RP to do something terrible to someone, if that person doesn't get to see any of it? Who is that for? Who is benefitted by that? Please note, I'm using a 'general' you here, not you specifically, @Roon as I am not trying to insinuate that anyone is doing a specific thing bad all the time. But if you can make the experience make more sense and feel less exploitative for both parties, why not do so?