Think we need to close some stuff.

Started by Pariah, November 25, 2023, 04:49:26 PM

Quote from: Armaddict on November 29, 2023, 03:48:21 AMit's also valid to point out that the current playerbase seems to -prefer- having privacy, space, and chosen solitude a great deal.

I completely disagree, it's not even slightly valid to make a claim you can't really prove. 'The majority thinks this' 'The playerbase prefers that' 'Most people I know want this'. Like, feel free to express your own opinions, but I don't think it's healthy to talk for the 'playerbase'.
I was told this game was full of twinks, all I found was power gamers.

I don't see how closing things will help. People don't react well when things are taken away from them.
Try a carrot not a stick.

Give them a reason to want to be in a place with a bigger population.

As for new players, I agree with a post a few back. You want to get younger people involved. Figure out what stories they like to be a part of. Arm started out as one of the most progressive games on the net. But, it was mostly by/for college students and we were the young ones then. Some of the ideas in the game might be a hard sell these days.

Quote from: Kavrick on November 29, 2023, 05:06:28 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on November 29, 2023, 03:48:21 AMit's also valid to point out that the current playerbase seems to -prefer- having privacy, space, and chosen solitude a great deal.

I completely disagree, it's not even slightly valid to make a claim you can't really prove. 'The majority thinks this' 'The playerbase prefers that' 'Most people I know want this'. Like, feel free to express your own opinions, but I don't think it's healthy to talk for the 'playerbase'.

SEEMS TO PREFER is not equal to "thinks this."

And it does appear as though many people seem to prefer not being in clan situations where they interact as a cohesive group. It seems as though most players enjoy doing their own thing, interacting when they want, not interacting when they're not in the mood, being independent of any group so they can hang out in their apartment, hunt alone, greb alone, spam-cast alone, etc. etc.

Maybe they don't actually enjoy it. But it sure seems as though they prefer it.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.