Do You like the New Karma point and class options?

Started by Krath, November 06, 2023, 11:15:39 PM

Do you like the new karma point and class options?

Yes, I like the change
35 (39.8%)
No, I dislike the change but will still play
24 (27.3%)
No, I dislike the change enough I will stop playing
19 (21.6%)
I do not care either way
10 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: November 20, 2023, 11:15:39 PM

Quote from: betweenford on November 10, 2023, 07:46:08 AMThe other thread is currently unaccessible due to moderation but I just want to say that the two vivaduan subclasses Healer and Creation being on the same level for karma is really weird to me.

Healer is genuinely the weakest built Vivaduan subclass, and has alot of very very very very niche spells. Creation and Corruption have the ball very much in their court when it comes to potentially killing someone, causing massive amounts of damage, and being potentially threatening.

I would also argue that Creation is a better "combat healer" archetype than Healer itself.

Neither of those exist any longer I thought? Or did they return in the new (old) karma system? My eyes admittedly glazed over a bit after reading the fifty four point series of metrics required to gain karma, so I may have missed it.
By the time you do what it takes to be a hero, you no longer want to be one.

Quote from: Coda on November 10, 2023, 07:48:20 AM
Quote from: betweenford on November 10, 2023, 07:46:08 AMThe other thread is currently unaccessible due to moderation but I just want to say that the two vivaduan subclasses Healer and Creation being on the same level for karma is really weird to me.

Healer is genuinely the weakest built Vivaduan subclass, and has alot of very very very very niche spells. Creation and Corruption have the ball very much in their court when it comes to potentially killing someone, causing massive amounts of damage, and being potentially threatening.

I would also argue that Creation is a better "combat healer" archetype than Healer itself.

Neither of those exist any longer I thought? Or did they return in the new (old) karma system? My eyes admittedly glazed over a bit after reading the fifty four point series of metrics required to gain karma, so I may have missed it.
You can still specapp the vivaduan subclasses. Healer and Creation are at the same level. Corruption is at a higher level.

IMO, Healer should stay where it is. Corruption should stay where it is. Creation should be at the same karma level as Corruption or higher due to the coded power of the subclass.

My personal tier list:
Creation > Corruption > Healer

Ah. Fair enough! I think they fixed one super broken thing, but creation is still significantly better than healing, I agree.
By the time you do what it takes to be a hero, you no longer want to be one.

I think the healer should be on the same level as the most basic Badwater option, because people will throw their fear of magickers out the window for them sweet heals.