Mystery Role Call: The Tuluki Endarkenment

Started by Erulyss, time forgotten, August 11, 2023, 08:23:33 PM

What if His Dream was a Nightmare?

"Lieutenant, We Have a Situation."

"And by 'we', he meant me.

Seems like these days there's trouble wherever there's darkness. While the rest of the Legion is occupied with it running up against our walls along with hordes of kryl, I'm the only one left to deal with the Captain's growing problem. A problem that is getting worse every night. Every sand damned moonless night.

This isn't the usual small crime. It isn't the kind we can ignore either, or else the Captain wouldn't be breathing down my neck. But there's something twisted going on. Something really sinister. These crimes... they're like clues. A pattern pointing to something greater. Something big.

I need a Sergeant on the ground. Someone a little more subtle than usual, someone sharp. Whoever's behind this? They're going to try and kill you. You're going to need to fight in ways you just can't do on the battlefield... With your wits... Maybe even in the shadows, far from His Light.

It's not going to be a fair fight, not for you. We have traditions, customs, rules. That's going to get in the way. But if we abandon who we are... they're going to win.

Sergeant... We're out of options. I'm counting on you to understand what I need here."

Meanwhile, Dark Deeds are Being Planned...

"They're bringing His Light into the Exiled Known. Fulfilling Prophecy?

I forgot about His Light long ago. Topside wasn't for me. They said I didn't understand Art. Me, not understand Art!?

They are the ones who don't get it. Honest Art is illegal Art. Graffiti is just a mural if someone wants it there. Theft is just trade if sanctioned. Murder is meaningless without mayhem.

The Faithful? They got you fooled. They think they know best. But they don't even know what's coming! They're out of their depths here.

Muk Utep don't see the future!

I do.

I can see it with my eyes closed."

The Nitty Gritty...

This is a DUAL role call to introduce players to a new kind of criminal underworld, distinct from the hopelessness and cruelty of the Labyrinth we are all used to. For this call, we turn our eyes northward, to Tuluk, and to the Light of the Legion. Then we cast them down, into the darkness of the Lows beneath.

Needed: One Sun Legion Sergeant

Our first role is that of the Sergeant. It's your typical leadership role, a Legion Sergeant. But this Sergeant is a touch different. They are likely to see some serious action inside the Scaein walls, not merely on the battlefield against the kryl.

Wanted: Three Criminal Minds.

Our second role is something a lot crazier than you're used to from this part of the Known.

We'd like to accept up to three character applications for criminal masterminds. (NOTE: As Akai Sjir is open to elves in Tuluk, we are not accepting elves during this role call.)

Various factions have been on the rise since the gates opened, and now is the time to send in ideas for characters.

Due to the secrecy of the roles, we cannot share more. Players involved will be given more information in a second round to shore up their applications. Players will be selected with the following criteria in mind:

Quality of the round one application
, that is:

• Originality of the submission
  • Time and thought invested in the submission
  • A demonstrated understanding of Tuluki culture
  • Flexibility of the applicant to make changes according to unknowns.

Previous experience as a criminal, outlaw, raider, outcast or exile, that is:
  • Past characters or leadership roles
  • Understanding of crime code
  • Longevity in dangerous zones.
  • Demonstrated responsibility with player-killing scenarios

Ability to report frequently and cooperate with staff, that is:
  • Requests far enough ahead of criminal activities for staff support
  • Wishing before pkills or crimes that would have the environment interact
  • Reports after assaults on players leading to serious injury or death.
  • Cooperate and collaborate with staff, without trying to 'win' the game.

Past character notes and account notes.

This role call will remain open one week from today, and close on:

Friday the 18th at 11:59pm.

Show me what you got, applicants!

Just for fun, make these requests ROLE APPLICATIONS to the Utep Sun Clan.