T'zai Byn and hunting

Started by Krath, June 03, 2023, 12:22:33 PM

Quote from: Krath on June 11, 2023, 11:49:17 AM
Quote from: ShaiHulud on June 11, 2023, 05:56:12 AM
In the Byn, play a Byn role. Skirting is fine but is handled icly. Back in the day Byn Kurac...etc...execution for breaking rules. Nowadays, you get a slap o the wrist. What the fuck happened?

It still happens

This has always been pretty stupid. I can see harsh penalties for treason, fucking about and endangering people during outings etc.

Killing your runner because they wandered into the rinth or they foraged two rooms outside the gate? Fuck off with that.

QuoteDocs say that the Byn look down on skinning and grebbing jobs, and at the same time are expected to be cheap. Why would someone choose to stay on after a year when they can make much much more hunting, grebbing and crafting from the proceeds and selling the goods thusly derived, in relative safety from the proceeds, if they aren't getting paid a premium

The byn are supposed to be cheap? I'm not byn staffer or even on that team but I've been around and never heard that.

Why would a hunter played by a player who enjoys the solo sid grind more than mercenary RP stay a  trooper? I don't expect they would nor should they.  Grebbers surviving and getting rich is something PCs do not vnpcs so it's not a question of "realism" as much as what kind of RP you want.

June 11, 2023, 05:00:09 PM #52 Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:54:55 PM by Inks
Nice one Kaathe. I have also never heard of this. Full disclosure I once a few years at least ago assassinated a mindworm as a Bynner for a 20k bounty, and handed 2k to my Sargeant (without telling my Sargeant any details or just how much I had made, other than it was blood money) who misreported it to her commander as something else, everyone got paid and staff didn't flip out or anything, because it was done professionally and if it doesn't cause the Byn dramas and nobody knows did it ever happen?

The same Sargeant kicked me out from the Byn later for taking assassination contracts (it was just that one and she had asked me to moonlight doing that) when I discovered some other shady stuff she was involved with, which is perfectly ic well executed politics.

In terms of wasting stuff in the terrains, I mean if you are doing that all the time and not contributing your Sarge or NPC commander can and should boot you to the curb. If you make yourself useful enough to the company for your Sargeant to blind eye some stuff now and then then that's IC between your PC and them.

I like the way Byn cant go rekking big critters without a client present paying for it, after all Byn are fulfilling an important RP role of hired goons, and if a goon goons in the forest and nobody is there to goon for did they goon at all?