Idea: Cover Tracks

Started by LindseyBalboa, March 17, 2023, 05:31:50 PM

Syntax:

cover tracks (room)

Description:

use this skill to cover the tracks in the room. could use forage, stealth, hunting, a mix of possible skills, but should be usable by anyone to a degree. at low rolls this will target all the tracks and either smudge them or make them appear even older, while at higher successes the last tracks - aka the ones done by the player, most likely - are targeted. can use 'room' suffix to target the room even if skilled.

a second check should be made to see if the user will successfully not leave tracks (or leave more faint tracks) when leaving the room. this would require skill.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

I want this.

Variation: "cover tracks <direction>" - attempts to remove the most recent tracks from <direction> in current room, and t <direction> in the connecting room in that direction.

I think that neatly covers the most common case: covering your own tracks as you go.

Partial failure leaves, like: "The tracks of a long-legged humanoid are here."
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Based off of the Hunt skill, has a delay before use, to simulate the time taken to attempt to cover up the tracks.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.